New Here | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 07-09-2007, 01:43 PM
New Here

Hello. I am 36 years old and I don't know when my surgery is going to be. I see my Dr. on wednesday to set it up. I am having it because I am severly anemic. I have had 2 blood transfusions in 9 months, both I got 3 pints of blood. I don't obsorb iron very well and I was diagnosed in October with Endometrial Hyperplasia because my periods are so messed up. I had a D&C in November, had a period in January and didn't have another until May. Then I got my period in June and all heck brock loose. I had heavy bleeding for a day but I had alot of lage clots so I ended up in the hospital and that is when I got my last transfusion.

I saw my primary Dr and he said if I keep having transfusions there are many problems that could happen. It was recomended by him and my hemotologist, also my gyn agrees, that they need to stop one of my reason that I am anemic.

I am scared to death to have surgery. I feel guilty to have surgery also because I have 4 children, ages 15, 12, 10, and 8, and I don't like not being there for them fully. But in the long run I will be able to be there for them more. So I am trying to keep reminding my self of that.

Thanks for all of your posts and information here it has been a god send!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-10-2007, 08:16 AM
New Here

It sounds like you've been through quite a lot
Please don't feel guilty about this, you need to do what it takes to be as healthy as possible - for yourself and your children.

Best wishes with your dr visit on Wednesday. I hope that you get all your questions answered.

S

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register