Hemorroids without constipation? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hemorroids without constipation? Hemorroids without constipation?

Unread 05-29-2005, 10:03 PM
Hemorroids without constipation?

I am 3weeks post op and really having issues with hemorrhoids.
I have always had constipation problems so I have been especially careful not to get in that situation since my surgery.
So now I have a grape growing between my cheeks that got so hard and painful that I went to the ER yesterday and they removed a blood clot. Low and behold it is back again but not as hard and not as painful Yet! The ER doc told me this might happen. So now on top of evrything else I am bleeding from the incision, which hurts, but also apparently need to see a surgeon tomorrow.
Has anyone else had non constipation related hemorrhoids? If so what kind of explaination were you given for them? Is this common?
The best I could get from anyone was that it was because I didn't do anything for the week or so after surgery except sit on my butt on the couch. Was I suppose to do aerobics or something???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2005, 07:56 AM

Hi,

Sorry you are having hemorroids. I have had them a couple of times in my life for different reasons. I have found soaking in warm sitz bath to help, using an over the counter cream , or Tucks pads to bring comfort and inflammation down.

I also have several people on my DH side of the family to have this problem. It seems to be related to varicose veins, which can be a problem in other parts of the body and not just the legs.

I would check with dr before using anything over the counter.

A donut pillow helps to relieve pressure off of behind. I am sorry you got this. It happens sometimes and resting sure didn't make it come on, but walking around house and getting some circulation in my opinion helps too.

I hope you feel better soon. I know it can be very uncomfortable.

s
Unread 05-30-2005, 02:15 PM
Hi

Hi
I know what you are talking about painful oh yeah, i wasnt sure what was going on so on Friday I went to my Dr who did the surgery wondering if i popped sticthes or not had tvh ON 05-5-05, only to have her call a general surgeon and fit me in on an emergency basis, i had what he called a prolasped thrombosed hemrroid, painfully he pushed it back in on my i thought i was going to jump off the table. but have felt better sinces, was able to go on our camping trip that we had planned for 8 months. I can tell the hemroid is still there but better with the medicine he told me to use, preperation H and tucks. i go back to see him on tuesday. this was more painfull then surgery.
good luck
tina
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-30-2005, 09:52 PM

I am three weeks post op also. And also have hemorroids without constipation. I've always had a tendency to be constipated but since my TAH and bladder tack May 9th I've been able to "go" without any problem. A little too well I think. I was in the castle from Monday to Saturday due to fever. Since I've been home I've been going once a day with no problem until three days ago. I started going twice a day. Then three times a day. Today I've went 6 times. I go tomorrow for another post-op visit. I had tried Prep H, tucks wipes, witch hazel and dr called in proctofoam for me four days ago. I don't know if it is causing me to go more or not but will ask dr about that. When I was pregnant with my twins (18 yrs ago), I almost had to have surgery for thrombose hemorroids. They were literally pushing my insides out. My mom said maybe since there is more room inside my intestines are really waking up and enjoying the new space. I hope I can get some relief soon. I don't have diarrhea just good flowing (sorry TMI) stool.

Hope you get relief soon. Hugs to all. Any information from anyone is greatly appreciated.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register