I'm soooo tired, and yet here I sit! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I'm soooo tired, and yet here I sit! I'm soooo tired, and yet here I sit!

Unread 06-01-2003, 10:17 PM
I'm soooo tired, and yet here I sit!

Hi girls!

I'm so tired and yet here I sit reading post after post after post, most of them I've already read and reread. Does anyone else do this. I spend almost every spare moment here in hysterville.

My poor husband has become a hystersister widow, but at least he can watch whatever he wants on tv now without so much as a sigh from me. My dd has not been able to get so much as a pinky finger close to this computer since I found this sight.

As I've said many times before I just seem to be all consumed with this!

2 weeks to go!

Thanks again sisters!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-01-2003, 11:18 PM
You are not the only one

I read the posts all the time to make myself feel better........ This site makes me feel its going to be OK......
I'm starting to freak out tonight :run3: I want to cancel really bad
I just want to surgery to be over with, bring on the and whatever else comes after surgery............ Just get me through the surgery OK!!!!!!!!!! I HATE THIS...........:burning:
I'm getting scared...............
Unread 06-01-2003, 11:36 PM

I understand your nervousness. I had surgery May 12. All is going fine. I would do it all over again. Just think - no periods, no pain, and hopefully, no more surgeries! Just keep checking into this site. It has helped me tremendously! You can find answers to about anything you want.

Good luck and you will be in my thoughts!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-02-2003, 06:59 AM
jmjh

I am the same way, im scedualed for june 17th and Im on here any time my hubby or kids give me half a chance.
it helps to read , it also helps me when I can help others with anything Ive experenced!!
its a "sisterhood" a place that everyone pretty much understands us, they dont think were crazy or weired or obsessing, our sisters here, just let us vent, over end over if we need to, and they dont fault us for it!!!

its a wonderfly safe place to land, when we are scared!!!
keep reading and venting and learning
good luck on the 16th ill join you in pucturehood the day after!!
Sheila
Unread 06-02-2003, 08:05 AM

I'm almost a week post-op. This is the greatest web site for those of us going through this. Although for some of us (me) having this surgery was a wanted gift it is still stressful. I never thought of having a hysterectomy and when the option came up I was so excited I was afraid they would decide I didn't need it. Even with all the excitement I was nervous and like you became obsessed with the web site. I even posted I went from reading single ads to reading hyster sister posts. This site became my total focus. And it really helped. I'm feeling great, and even though I hate having to rest I do see that my body needs it and am taking it easy. Like they say the waiting is the hardest part. But this site is wonderful and being obsessed with it is a good thing in my opinion. First off you see the many different views about your surgery. You also get to see the different reactions and similar reactions to surgery, stress, post-op, etc. You see that some have complications and some have none. While we are all individuals and react differently we also have very similar experiences and it helps knowing you are not alone. Good luck with surgery, read, read, read--but also absorb what you read. The advise and suggestions here are great.
Tricia
Unread 06-02-2003, 08:21 AM
Thank you all for replying.

Hi! thanks so much for your replies. I was feeling pretty, well, desparate (i guess is the word for it). Hearing from you all makes me feel better and I still hope to hear from others.

Tricia, you hit the nail on the head. You gave me the words I hadn't been able to verbalize. I knew what I was feeling, well, no I'm not even sure I did until I read your words. "This surgery, (for me anyway) is a very much wanted gift. I never thought about a hysterectomy but when the option came up I am so excited I am afraid they will decide I don't need one after all." Thank you so much for helping me to verbalize this fear!

Thanks to you all! Your support is so important. It's funny, I never before thought about the support of people I don't even know or will ever know personally being so important. Ironically I receive the most support from my sisters here, I feel, more than I do the people close to me here at home. Not that I don't have support here at home, it's just different coming from all of you. You know what I mean?

Not so patiently
Unread 06-02-2003, 08:22 AM

I'm the same, I found the site on Saturday and any free time I've had I've been here reading.

My dh just laughs and shakes his head. My dd is breathing down my neck to get on the computer. So I guess this will be the last I'm on here until tonight.

I'm just a little less than 2 weeks away from TAH/BSO and it has helped me stay a little calmer about it. The closer it gets the harder it is! I want to get it over and be on the other side.

Sue
Unread 06-02-2003, 08:23 AM
hey, I'm more than 6 weeks post op...

...and I'm STILL here everyday! My dh teases me about it all the time...but even post-op (maybe even more than pre-op) I get a lot of strength from reading posts here...

Keep at it...knowledge is POWER! Best of luck to you on your upcoming surgery...and we will still be here from you when you're a !!!
Unread 06-02-2003, 10:15 AM

It really does help to read all these posts, honest!!! hehe

At first I was reading anything and everything all over the internet about hysterectomy. Then I found this site and read the whole thing from top to bottom, took me about a week. haha It has been a godsend here.

You have all answered my questions and I feel so much more secure with my decisions and much more relaxed than before. I don't feel the need to come online and spend as much time as before, that is how much more confident that you all have made me feel. I went back to see some of my first posts, and I couldn't believe how "frantic" and "desperate" I was, a total basket case!

Now I am just counting down the days and enjoying the thought of getting that nasty little pest out of me I don't want to have to ever think about another period ever again.

~hugs~

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register