Cervix Scarred Shut? Options? What kind of Hysterectomy can be done? - Page 4 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Cervix Scarred Shut? Options?  What kind of Hysterectomy can be done? Cervix Scarred Shut? Options? What kind of Hysterectomy can be done?

Unread 10-15-2012, 12:28 PM
Re: Cervix Scarred Shut? Options? What kind of Hysterectomy can be done?

Jaynelle - Good luck tomorrow at your appointment. Keep us posted. As you can read earlier in these posts, I am in a similar situation and am waiting to hear back from my OBGYN's office about when they can get me booked. I've already had my consult, but not my pre-op.

Katbazz - I'm jealous of your personal second opinion from your BIL. Must help you feel more confident that this is the best decision. Good luck with neuro!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2012, 04:51 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaynelle View Post
I have to learn what all the abbreviations are...I figured out LAVH, but there were a couple others on the board that I need to understand.

Here you go - Abbreviations
Unread 10-15-2012, 05:38 PM

Thank you very much, Lainey Laine...that was so very helpful. Now I can go to my appt armed knowing the lingo of what the procedures are...lol
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-15-2012, 05:48 PM

Thank you mlc03...its wonderful to know that I have sisters who care. I hope you hear back soon. I will post when I get home from work what my OBGYN and I decided. I say he and I, even though I know it is my ultimate decision, but we have gone through so much together over the years...delivery of my daughter, trying to get these heavy menses corrected, endometrial ablation, hysterscopy/D&C, stress, tears, so I know that he he is a good doctor and I do have faith in him and the Lord above . Well will let you know outcome tomorrow. I'm kinda nervous about making this big decision though, but i think alot of that comes from knowing that currently I am on a blood thinner, for a blood clot found in my leg 2 mths ago. Well, thanks again for your comment. It is so much appreciated.
Unread 10-16-2012, 10:58 PM

Sorry for this long note ....but here goes....So I went to the doctor today, and was told that due to my cervical blockage from scar tissue, the Da Vinci procedure could not be done as the robotic device has to go through and into my cervix. So due to this blockage from scar tissue it would not be successful. I was quite surprised by that as my doc knew I had this blockage when he suggested the LAVH, previously. So I guess that was just an error on his part. So now he is saying it has to be abdominal, with possible removal of ovaries depending on how they look when he goes in. I requested to keep my ovaries if all is well with them. However, with this more invasive procedure, I am a little more concerned now because of my blood thinner medication. I did choose a date in November, but after speaking with the love of my life, who seems more scared for me than I am , he wants me to talk with my doc who is prescribing my blood thinner. He also suggested that I get a second opinion. I am going to make an appointment with my doc who prescribes the blood thinner, but I also have an appt with my hematologist next week. I am going to talk with them both about my blood thinner med, and also the surgery in order to get their opinion on the matter. Since my doc (who prescibes the blood thinner) thinks there may be the possibilty of me getting of my blood thinner in November (after 3 mths and doing a follow up sonogram), I think I may postpone until December. If I am able to get off the blood thinner, my mind would be so much more at ease. In addition to taking a blood thinner, I also ahve HBP, and borderline diabetes, and more recently a skipping heart beat. So doing this more invasive surgery is more of a concern for me now. So there you have it, my eventful, but very emtional appt and day .
Unread 10-17-2012, 04:23 AM

Interesting. I specially asked that question too and I was told that as its all lap it will work.
Unread 10-17-2012, 06:36 AM

Each dr is different and some may not be comfortable with performing a specific surgery under certain conditions and some will. We've had sisters on here who's dr had them do an abdominal with a cancer diagnosis and some who's dr still did the DaVinci with cancer. A second opinion is a great option. But remember all of these different options can be deceiving into thinking faster recovery. It did for me. It is exactly the SAME surgery on the inside. I thought I'd be off 2-3 wks cause I had DaVinci and I was off 7. Many of ladies on here have testified to that fact. Also remember to tell your surgeon of any meds or conditions you're being treated for now. They really need to know these things to find the best treatment plan for you. Good luck I hope they find a solution for you.
Unread 10-17-2012, 06:45 AM

Jaynelle - I think a second opinion is probably worthwhile and I would definitely talk to the blood thinner doctor and make the OBGYN aware of that. I have been reviewing my case with a friend of mine that lives on the opposite coast who is an OBGYN and that 2nd (really 3rd) opinion really helps give me piece of mind. My OBGYN said that hysterectomy is a two surgeon procedure. Maybe your OBGYN could discuss your case with other doctors in his practice/hospital and see what their approach would be?
Unread 10-17-2012, 06:52 AM

Thanks Lainey Lane - you are very right on that one... my doctor does the DaVinci all of the time... so for now, I feel confident. The healing process is tricky... friends of mine think since is it "lap" I should be up and running in days.. and other friends who have had C Sections also think it is no big deal and I should be fine asap... so we shall see, I'm really taking it to heart "you have one chance to heal correctly, so I will do it right the first time..."
Unread 10-17-2012, 01:13 PM

Thanks Lainey Laine, Katbazz and mlc03. It is all so very emotional and scary. I am going to speak with my primary doctor first, then next week see my hematologist. I think I am going to change the date in November to December...thanks so much fo your input ladies...u are a terrific help in sharing and providing support.
Katbazz, I see you have a date now...thats good news for you, since you have been waiting awhile

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register