LAVH Sutures found during visit to restroom | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sutures found during visit to restroom Sutures found during visit to restroom

Unread 06-19-2013, 08:41 AM
Sutures found during visit to restroom

Hi Sisters, this is my 5th time trying to post for the first time.
I "crossed over to the Other Side" on May 13, 2013 via LAVH.
Earlier this morning as I was pulling down my pants and underwear to pee, I noticed what appeared to be 3 blood tinged little strings lying in my sanitary napkin. I proceed to complete the task of peeing as I was in a push. After doing so, I took a closer look and realized that these were in fact sutures from my insides. While getting myself changed out and freshened up. I began to wonder why this happened.
Two weeks ago I became constipated and when the time came for that bowel movement, I braced myself with all my might, took stool softeners, took magnesium citrate, and tried my best with all my might to refrain from pushing but still had the worst bowel movement in life.
It felt like it came out sideways with glass only after pull, tearing and ripping out everything that was now left inside me. I did everything but pass out from the pain of it all. I noticed that 2 of my 3 incision sites were herniated. The incision on my navel had gone down but the site on my right side is still swollen but not as bad now.
My surgeon told me that she had to end up cutting me from my "root to my toot" because I was so small, use sutures to "tack" my "lips" back because they were in the way but the sutures were accidentally ripped up during the procedure. She also removed my lining because the adhesion was so bad and everything was fused together. I had to c-sections, one classical and the second bikini line.
I felt like a truck hit me for a week but pushed through the pain because I was so afraid of the pain of going through an physical exam down there by my Dr. My 8 wk appointment is July 1 and I just dread going but I know I have to go.
Do you think I should go to the dr's office today because I passed the sutures earlier this morning or just wait til my appointment?
Please forgive me for all this rambling, but my head feels like it's going to explode from worries.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-19-2013, 10:30 AM
Re: Sutures found during visit to restroom

As I understand your post, the nightmare BM was two weeks ago, and all that's happening today is that you're passing your sutures? You're about five weeks past surgery, so this is completely normal. Your body is getting rid of them because it doesn't need them anymore. :-)

You mentioned that they were "blood tinged." A tinge is fine and nothing to worry about. If the sutures are *all* that's happening, then I'd say don't bother calling the doc's office on their account.

The herniated incision sites sound a bit more worrisome, but if that happened two weeks ago and they never got worse, then I guess what's past is past!
Unread 06-19-2013, 10:42 AM
Re: Sutures found during visit to restroom

Good to hear and loved how you phrased it..."what's past is past!" Thank you and I pray you a trouble free recovery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register