pre-op funny moment - ovaries | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

pre-op funny moment - ovaries pre-op funny moment - ovaries

Unread 04-30-2002, 01:20 AM
pre-op funny moment - ovaries

Hi y'all,

I'm on this emotional roller coaster, and I have a feeling the ride's cars are full of others like me.

I am always looking for an opportunity to laugh right now. The last few days have been particularly nice for me in that department.

I just have to share this.

At the doc's this afternoon, my DS sat quietly playing with his Legos while Doc and I chatted. We were discussing my ovaries. Keep them? Possible problems with them? What happens if he DOES remove them. ETC...

That's when the little love pipes up and says to the doctor, "You can't take them. She really likes them alot." My doc laughed and explained that they might be making mommy feel bad so he would only take them to make me feel better. (Love how he talks to kids) The DS asks which color ones he will take. "Hmmmm...." says Doc, "...what color does she have?" My DS tells him "Just green and black."

Doc and I sat looking at each other holding back the laughter, as my 4 y.o. was dead serious. Never mess with a pre-schooler who knows his colors you know.

That's when it hit my like a ton of bricks. I said, "Honey, what else does mommy like?"

He says, " You like black ovaries, pepperoni and mushrooms."

That's when Doc lost it. He's probably still laughing now.

I love my kid so much!!!!!!!
Joby
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 04:56 AM

ROFL!!! Too funny, JOBY!!!

Thank you for sharing. You never know what kiddos are going to say!

I remember when my daughter was young she was singing to "Locomotion" and thought it was "Do the bottle of lotion". HAHAHA I about died laughing.

Sara
Unread 04-30-2002, 05:22 AM
Great story!

This is a GREAT story! It really gave me a good morning laugh!

You definitely need to write that one down somewhere so he can enjoy it when he gets older.

Thanks for sharing it with us!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-30-2002, 06:28 AM

My daughter loved to sing the Beatles song "She's got a chicken to ride."
Unread 04-30-2002, 09:36 AM

What a cutie!

We need to be so thankful for the unintentional smiles that our kids give us.

Your Dr. gets points too for being good with kids.

Take care

Shielah
Unread 04-30-2002, 02:38 PM
Gross Eggs in my Stomach!!!

My poor daughter had to have surgery when she was 8 years old. The Dr. saw a tumor in her right ovary from U/S. Later, for being a good girl, I look her to lunch, and she says, "Mom, what is wrong with me, that the Dr. has to do an operation?" I haven't thought of how to explain to her, so I had to come up with something. I told her that all girls in order to have babies, after they get married (Can't blame me for trying), have 2 eggs in thier stomachs." She turns around with a bit of shock and says "You mean I have eggs in my stomach, OOOH Gross!" Then I proceeded to explain to her that one grew too big, and that is what was making her hurt. I didn't know what to say at the spur of the moment, the poor girl didn't know about periods yet, let alone Ovaries.
Unread 04-30-2002, 03:22 PM

Cathi,
Good Save!!

I'm so glad I have a son! LOL

I can't imagine having to explain the female reproductive system and the associated problem at the drop of a hat! MUCH LESS to an 8 year old!! I have a hard enough time with the adult friends and relatives..lol

BTW, I read your other post about you DD! SO glad that things turned out well!!! A Gyno's attitude toward kids is somthing that I've always paid much attention to! Shows their ability to be tolerant in the face of fear!

Joby
Unread 05-01-2002, 05:10 PM
Better than Adults

I found that DD handled everything better than some "poor me baby" adults!!! LOL

In fact, she is kinda jealous that it is not her having surgery. From her point, she was pampered and she recieved so many gifts!!! LOL

I believe that God takes any bad situation, and makes it into a positive one. It is up to us to recognize it.

Unread 05-01-2002, 09:50 PM
Re: Better than Adults

Quote:
Originally posted by Tilos

I believe that God takes any bad situation, and makes it into a positive one. It is up to us to recognize it.

Just have to second that thought!!! Blessings in disguise are so very often the best!
Joby
Unread 05-02-2002, 05:40 AM

My darling niece (7) asked her mum (my sis) if she had a double chin so that when one "fell off" she still has the other one......and she was soooo serious

Trina

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register