Day 3, I can't believe how great I feel! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Day 3, I can't believe how great I feel! Day 3, I can't believe how great I feel!

Unread 01-07-2007, 09:35 AM
Day 3, I can't believe how great I feel!

According to my clock, I was on the OR table 72 hours ago. Who knew that I'd be all showered, dressed in my comfy clothes and contemplating whether I really *need* to take a pain pill.

*note* After showering and dressing, I promptly forced myself back into bed where I have lots of pillows and entertainment.

I am so amazed at how good I feel.

I am having some issues with bladder spasms, and that's been a real drag, but other than that- I feel really REALLY good. I did a search through this site last night to see what the pain I'm having during urination was, and bang! There was my answer. The bladder spasm symptoms described by other sisters was exactly what was happening to me.

Also, thank goodness for this site, otherwise I'd be tempted to take all this 'feeling good' stuff and start doing too much.

I think I might hop on over to the post op board and see what little tidbits of wisdom I can learn there.

Ladies in waiting- really, if yours goes as well as mine did, you're in for a wonderful surprise. I am so pleased.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2007, 09:51 AM

That is such great news - I am up on the 11th and getting very nervous. Hearing about your positive experience is very helpful.

Hope everything continues to go smoothly!

Kris
Unread 01-07-2007, 01:54 PM

I'm glad you're continuing to heal well.

We'll see you over on the post-op boards! Continue to rest and recuperate. Remember, you're a now!

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-07-2007, 03:26 PM

Yeah Gadget Geek! I started out just about as strong as you have, and at 4 weeks today, and feel just about better than new! It's hard to remember that I'm not cleared for all regular activity, but I behave and I'm still feeling fine.

Thanks for posting your success! I know it helps the other LIW's whose surgeries are coming up.
Unread 01-07-2007, 04:03 PM

I am soooo glad to hear this!
You will be my inspiration as they wheel me in tomorrow!
Pamper the princess!!!!
Rabbit
Unread 01-07-2007, 04:49 PM

Woohoo, you go, girl! Am glad to hear you're doing so well! I made the mistake of lifting some furniture today - the new couch (for my recovery) and loveseat came, and I carried the coffee table up from the basement - uh oh! The aliens inside did not like that much, caused even more bleeding. Thank goodness, I'm pre-op. But learned my lesson for post-op, will not be lifting anything, even my fuzzy, not-so- little bichon Pixel! I want this recovery to be a complete one!

Just keep getting more well with each passing day! Joan
Unread 01-08-2007, 04:39 PM

I too felt great after 3 days but on day 5 I developed a bladder infection. Take my advice and drink lots of water and avoid caffeine. The pain was worse than the surgery.
Unread 01-08-2007, 04:42 PM

I've been dealing with bladder spasms since surgery, so I know what you mean about pain. Darn near had me on the floor. I read that artificial sweetners and caffeine can exacerbate the situation, so I'm avoiding that AND drinking lots of water. The spasms are much better today.

Thanks for the heads up!
Unread 01-08-2007, 04:50 PM

Yea!! I am so glad to hear it! I'm flipping back and forth between postings, giving back the support that people gave me, and now being on post op to support my fellow punctured princesses!!

I'm 11 days out, and each day I feel stronger! Just please DON'T OVERDO IT!! You don't want to end up in pain! I over did it this weekend, and it took me a full day of resting to get back in the game!

So congrats on your new lease on life!! Keep us posted!!
Unread 01-08-2007, 08:21 PM

gadgetgeek,

I'm glad to hear your doing so well with your recovery.

Remember to rest and .

I hope your recovery continues to go smoothly.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register