Home From The Castle | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home From The Castle Home From The Castle

Unread 07-16-2002, 06:44 AM
Home From The Castle

I had surgery on Thursday was home on Sat. afternoon. I have being trying to post for two days but my brain was not cooperating. For the life of me I could not figure out how to send new post, and I have posted before.

The surgery was uneventful and my Dr. said I was a good patient, I told her it was largely because of this site. She said she would tell her other patients about hystersisters.

I have been running a fever every since I came home 101.8 and lower, called the exchange (my Dr is in Europe for the next 2 weeks) Dr was real nice she said if I could not get the temp down to go to emergency room and she also gave me the number to call the OBGYN on call at hospital (called he left msg he never returned my call, but that is another story about service at that hospital). I did not feel comfortable with the ideal of sitting in ER for hours around a lot of sick people.

I was able to get the temp to go down to normal by taking 1 600mg Ibuprophen (spelling nt right) and 2 oxcycodone/apap 5mg this would bring fever down to normal for about 4/6 hours. Called my DD office Monday morning she called in script for Cipro and told me to come see her today.

While getting ready to go this morining I realized I was bleeding vaginaly and on the right side of my incision. Vaginal is worse than incision. I have experieced more pain on that side of the incision and it felt extremly hard right over incision. Now it is noticably less painful and not hard at all.

I have not yet had a BM although I have been taking Docolace since Sat. I ate a bowl of corn flakes, thinking this might help it along ( it always has in the past). This has not helped and now I'm bleeding. I am not too worried because the hardest part (waiting) is over.

Sorry to be so long winded but one of my hobbies is writing.

I will udate my sisters when I return from the Dr today.

THANKS, THANKS, THANKS, THANKS a million times more. I was able to make it through with the thoughts and prayers of my sisters.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2002, 08:36 AM
Home From The Castle

Welcome home ,

Good to hear that your surgery was uneventful. I think you made a good decision not to go to the ER and sit along time with ill people. Do hope the on call doctor can fix you up. For the fever and the BMs make sure you drink lots of water. The girls also say that a full glass of prune juice works well...if you like it. It's not bad!

Will wait for your post to see what the says.
Unread 07-16-2002, 10:21 AM
Home From The Castle

Welcome Home, Yvette!

I had that brain fog too, and it is so strange when it affects things you know that you know how to do! As the anaesthesia and post-op meds worked their way out of my system, it got better though.

I'm glad that you're seeing a doctor today. That really is the best way to determine if all is well and your healing is proceeding as it should.

I'm thinking of you and will be watching for your update after your visit to the doc.

Cecee
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-16-2002, 10:38 AM
Welcome Home, Princess Yvette!

Glad you are home from the castle, but sorry you've been having problems.

When I had my surgery, I would often spike a low-grade fever at night while I was in the hospital. The nurse would have me do my breathing exercises with the machine and cough, and my temperature would always return to normal within a few minutes. You might want to try doing that if your fever goes back up again.

Some vaginal bleeding is normal after a hysterectomy. It shouldn't be heavy bleeding though. Inscisional bleeding is another story. You definitely need to get in touch with your doctor.

Make sure you get plenty of rest, drink lots of fluids, take short walks, and rest some more.

Best wishes and s and prayers for a speedy recovery,

Lisa

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register