Back to work - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 10-13-2012, 09:26 PM
Re: Back to work

I had mine on Oct 1 too, but I had a abdominal. I'm going to be out 6 weeks and based on the way I feel, I'm going to need it all. I was going to talk to the doctor about maybe working from home at 4 weeks, but I'm not in love with that idea right now... even if I am bored out of my skull.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-13-2012, 10:02 PM

I had the DaVinci on August 7th. I was out of work for 5 weeks. I have a desk/office job. There is no way I could have gone back any sooner. I think two weeks is too soon. Your body has been through major surgery even though we have little incisions. There has been a lot of trauma to your insides that need time to heal. I would try to wait at least another week or two. You only get one chance to heal right the first time. You don't want to risk a setback. Hugs.
Unread 10-14-2012, 03:23 PM

I had a DaVinci that turned into an abdominal hysterectomy.

I went back to work 8 days later. I have a home daycare and I couldn't lift anything over 5 pounds for 6 weeks, so my mom worked with me from open to close. I couldn't have done it without her.

Laying down every day at nap time was essential for me.

If I were you, I'd probably try to work half days and then go home and lay down and rest in the afternoon. I think I'd make sure my boss understood that it may be too early and also that s/he understands that while you will TRY it, you may find that you need to stop working again until you are more healed. I think starting mid-week the first week would be helpful, also.

Good luck!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2012, 10:49 PM

Had my DvH on the 11th. I'm a children's pastor and the church is very willing to work with me on coming back when ready. My problem is I'm in grad school and will need to return to classes at 19 days post-op. The chairs are hard plastic and too tall for my short legs. Definitely not looking forward to 3 hours of that every Tuesday! I need to find a nice pillow or something. Any suggestions?

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register