13 weeks-Hormone ??? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

13 weeks-Hormone ??? 13 weeks-Hormone ???

Unread 11-27-2005, 07:42 AM
13 weeks-Hormone ???

I had my lap. hyst on 8/23 and kept both ovaries. I'm 37 and for the first 6-8 weeks, i felt like my hormones were functioning normally. But for the last month or so i have been so hot. It's been very warm were i live and people i work next to have heaters on because they are cold from the A/C. But anyways, i think I'm having hot flashes because i'll get really hot for 10-15 min. then cool back down. Is it possible that my ovaries were functioning normally at first, but have now stopped? My Dr. checked my hormones at the beginning of the year when all my problems started, but who knows. This seems to be the only symptom i'm having about my hormones.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-27-2005, 08:43 AM
13 weeks-Hormone ???

A couple of years ago I had to have some repair work done on my left ovary after a very large cyst ruptured and caused a lot of bleeding... a few weeks afterwards I had strange symptoms like semi-hot flashes and weepiness. The same happened 6 months ago when my ovary torsed. It could be a hiccup in your hormones. I think that is what was wrong with me anyway. It seemed to go away after a few weeks though. If it gets worse or you have added symptoms, I would ask a doc.
Unread 11-27-2005, 09:03 AM
13 weeks-Hormone ???

jazzy 68, I am one year past my surgery date and i still have hot moments similiar to what you are experiencing. I also kept both my ovaries. I experience these on occasion now. Mine started about 2 weeks post op and were worst at night while i slept. They are not as frequent now but still occur. I feel my ovaries are still working(i have the hormonal acne on my face that i had preop ) and that these hot moments are just they way it will be now. If you have concerns go to your doctor again for sure!!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register