Unexplained severe pains help?! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Unexplained severe pains help?! Unexplained severe pains help?!

Unread 10-14-2011, 11:05 AM
Unexplained severe pains help?!

Im schedulded to have a hyster for severe pelvic pain. Has anyone had this done and following the hyster all pain was explained?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2011, 11:26 AM
Re: Unexplained severe pains help?!

I was having right upper quadrant pain that would radiate down to my belly button that I initially was being worked up for. I also had a lot of bloating, constipation issues that worsened with these symptoms, and feeling full.
As time went on I began to have pain in my lower abd esp on the right side that would radiate down to my upper thigh.
during the work up for my upper abd issues they found that I had a few cysts on my R ovary. through the work ups they found that my uterus was enlarged and very painful with palpations. I had been dealing with heavy periods and cramping for many years although my hemaglobin was on the normal to low side.
My Gyn thought is was d/t adenomyosis and I chose to have the hysterectomy.
I am about 19 days post-op and I have to say that almost all of the pain in the upper abd is gone! I also realize that the irritability that I had all the time in my lower abd is gone also. She had found fluid in my fallopian tubes and I wonder if all of this caused referred pain to my upper abd.
The body has a funny way of sending pain along your nerve pathways to other areas of the body (referred pain) than the original site.
Also having things that are enlarged, chronically irritating, and not working right can cause more irritation to the surrounding organs and tissues. Hope your surgery finds the answer you are looking for!
Unread 10-14-2011, 11:34 AM

Did u keep your ovaries?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-14-2011, 11:47 AM

Goldenrose- your symptoms are nearly identical to mine. What a relief to know someone else has felt the same. Ive had 2 ct scans, 2 ultrasounds & a diagnostic lap. All they saw was a "normal cyst" the last of these was in july. Since tje mid of.aug my symptoms hav gotten worse. I wondered if I had adyenmyosis. During 1 ultrasound the tech said wow I can tell your going to shed soon. I now wonder if they mistook my adymeyosis for a period. Oh im taking this monster out!
Unread 10-14-2011, 02:09 PM

Yes I did keep my ovaries. The cysts were gone on the 2nd ultrasound so we decided not to do a CA-125 test that can help dx ovarian cancer. Not sure if this was a good idea or not but she said they looked okay. I'm comfortable with this right now and know that if anything changes she is willing to do the test.
She did say there is new thoughts that ovarian cancer begins within the fallopian tubes so she took them. They were filled with fluid and she thought this may have contributed to the RUQ pain.
I saw a primary MD, GI and had a colonoscopy (neg of course), and con't to upper abd US for gallbladder, abd CT, pelvic US x2, and a nuclear HIDA scan for gallbladder functioning.
I also had a second opinion and spoke with many women that had a hysterectomy before making my decision. occas I wonder if it was the right thing to do but being free from the chronic pain is worth it even this soon after.
I still suggest getting at least a second opinion to be sure this is right for you.
Good luck!
Unread 10-14-2011, 02:24 PM

I have adenomyosis and the pain is a killer.

I have cramping like a cycle all the time. I have sharp pain in either my left or right ride and it radiates into the uterus area. I have major back pain that goes down the leg. I have hip aches and rectum aches.
Some days the pain is mild like starting my cycle and other days it is so bad that I can not even sit still, walk or lay down for more the a few minutes.
I have the runs all the time too. It comes on like IBS and my doc said it was from the Adeno.

I know this does not solve any issues but I just wanted you to know that you are not crazy and not alone in what you are going thru.
Unread 10-14-2011, 02:27 PM

Im actually comfortable with my decision. Just wondered of anyone had the same experiance. I had my galbladder removed last dec. A month after that RUQpain started . We thought it was related to the surgery did numerous tests and it wasnt . About april started having lower r q pain so thats when I did the other tests and found no endo which the doc
thought it was. She then started me on bc pills and I continued on pain meds. Now its oct and things have gotten worse not better. So nov 28th its coming out

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register