Congratulations, lovely ladies! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Congratulations, lovely ladies! Congratulations, lovely ladies!

Unread 07-09-2013, 09:46 AM
Congratulations, lovely ladies!

I had preop yesterday, and I was struck with a thought. The doc spoke with me, people were nice, and I left, but... I felt insignificant in a way. As I was walking out the nurses were chatting excitedly and happily about one of the moms delivering. And I thought, were is the honor and celebration for us? We deserve it too. Whether we have had kids or not, this is a phase we are going through. This is a choice most of us had to make for our own health. This is a milestone for us, an ordeal we are going through for a chance at a new life. Not someone else's life, but our own. As women we often nurture in so many wonderful ways. This is a rite of passage where we are left of our of the limelight, or feel embarrassed to talk about it. Instead I think we should feel this is our time, a time to be proud of who we are and what we are going through to have a chance at a better life, not only to nurture those we love, but to love our selves and celebrate our own lives.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2013, 10:48 AM
Re: Congratulations, lovely ladies!

Very well said! I told one of my daughters this weekend that this is now a new chapter. I am only 40 and I have a little twinge when I see pregnant women, but I know that I do not want any more children but the thought is still there.
Unread 07-09-2013, 10:52 AM

I am 53 and all my kids are grown except my baby boy who is 15. I told him he will always be my baby even when he is a big stinky hairy man lol! At this point I don't even want grandchildren yet. I want a break for a little while!! I want to be me!!! Of course I will adore my grandchildren. But hey what about us ladies!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-09-2013, 12:14 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by sallidelaine View Post
Very well said! I told one of my daughters this weekend that this is now a new chapter. I am only 40 and I have a little twinge when I see pregnant women, but I know that I do not want any more children but the thought is still there.
Isn't it strange how this affects us?? I am 34, and I have 3 children...no desire for more (these 3 are making me crazy enough), but now when I see pregnant women, or women with newborns, I have a moment of sadness. It's very strange to me.

My husband and I ended up working in our church nursery together this past Sunday though. It was nice to hold the sweet little angels and then send them home.
Unread 07-10-2013, 05:44 AM

So very well said. No children and this was a tough decision emotionally even though I'm 45 and probably past reproductive years if in the best of health. I actually had the same thoughts about we should make this into a celebration of freedom and the decision to make our lives better long term. In fact, I was going through the pantry last night looking at things I might want to stock up on an came across several cans of sliced pineapple. I took them out and gave them to my hubby (I cook, he bakes). He asks what is this? I told him I want several of my favorite pineapple upside down cakes made for Saturday. He asked why several? I told him I'm calling every gal I know and they are coming over Saturday to have a party to say goodbye to my uterus and this phase of my life. He looked a little sad and then a big grin came across his face. He thought it was a great idea, so here we are I'm the midst of things planning a party. And he even suggested, just don't call the ladies, let the guys come too, we have a hard time with this too.
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:11 PM

Larsevenon that sounds sooooo yummy! Love how your hubby wants to be a part of the celebration too. I am sitting in the hospital waiting for them to come wheel me away to the or. I will let you know when I come out on the other side!!!
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:30 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dejahthoris78 View Post
I am sitting in the hospital waiting for them to come wheel me away to the or. I will let you know when I come out on the other side!!!
I am praying for you that all goes well with your surgery and recovery.
Unread 07-10-2013, 12:54 PM

Thanks so much!! That means the world to me
Unread 07-10-2013, 06:05 PM

I love the idea of a celebration commemorating the next chapter of our lives! Thanks for the idea!
Unread 07-10-2013, 07:20 PM

I agree. I had a TAH almost six weeks ago and feel like it marked the end of an era for me, like I was no longer a girl but had become a woman. Strange, since I had the operation the day before my 43rd birthday, but when I woke up it the hospital I immediately felt wiser and more mature, like my soul had changed for the better and I was now more grounded.

Before the operation I had a vision of the hysterectomy of being a birth, through cesarian, of the next phase of my life. I had to give birth to the old to make room for the new. Sorry if that weirds anyone out but it gave me immense peace that I was doing the right thing and after that vision I was no longer afraid.

While this experience is different to every woman, it can be a major event in our lives and something that certainly deserves recognition. I'm glad that some of us can celebrate it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register