Surgery tomorrow and i'm so scared! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow and i'm so scared! Surgery tomorrow and i'm so scared!

Unread 03-30-2004, 10:56 AM
Surgery tomorrow and i'm so scared!

My TAH is scheduled for 8:00 tomorrow morning. I'm having my uterus,cervix and one ovary removed also. I have a very large fibroid and very heavy periods. I'm 45 and have 3 children so my dh and I weren't planning on more so i know this is what needs to be done and i'm ready for it but i'm so scared of what i'll be like afterwards. What will my sex life or urge be like? Will it be painful with the cuff there? Will i be a basket case if i have to take HRT or if not even? I'm sorry but i have so many questions. Anyone here have any output? Also, just curious, but what happens to fibroids if you just leave them there and they don't shrink? My dh and i have such a wonderful relationship i'm afraid it'll never be the same again...i know just silly thoughts but i go from crying my eyes out to being very calm and collected. He has downloaded me some Bible stories to listen to tonight so maybe i'll be able to sleep calmly tonight.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2004, 11:09 AM

I really don’t have any advice… but I just wanted to say I will be thinking about you tomorrow and sending positive thoughts your way.
I just finished reading a story from one of the hystersister out there who just had her surgery and is now at home and well. Her story is great and somewhat heart warming because she made it through o.k. And is now on the other side of the mystery of it all.
Good luck to you tomorrow
Unread 03-30-2004, 11:11 AM

My prays will be with you tomorrow. I go on Fri and am just as scared. I have not fully decided on the HRT. A lot of people have been giving me other things to try. Take a big breath and God Bless.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-30-2004, 11:13 AM

Thank you so much. I've read some wondrerful stories here about haw happy these women are afterwards and i'm sure I will be to but i have a tendency to hang onto the the "horror" stories i guess
Unread 03-30-2004, 11:15 AM

Quote:
Originally posted by camperbound
My prays will be with you tomorrow. I go on Fri and am just as scared. I have not fully decided on the HRT. A lot of people have been giving me other things to try. Take a big breath and God Bless.

And mine with you Fri. I was hoping with the one ovary left i won't have to have HRT but i've also heard sometimes it "falls asleep" so we'll see. I also take effexor so maybe that will help me too.
Unread 03-30-2004, 11:18 AM

I can understand what you are going through. I had a LAVH and LSO last week. I was an emotional nightmare before it all happened, but as soon as I came back to myself after surgery I was immediately feeling alot better. Tomorrow will be 1 week and I have to say I havent felt this good since I was like 16 years old. As far as to what it does to you physically, I cannot answer. I have had friends tell me it has never been better. I havent heard too many negative remarks on the sex life. I am a single woman at the time so I guess that makes it easier on me to not have to worry about that aspect of my life at the moment. Just one word of advice, make sure you do exactly as your doctor tells you to do. Just because you are feeling better continue resting. And write down all the questions you have for your doctor, so when he asked you if you have any questions for him dont be like me and just smile(morphenine and percocet) but I finally got around to asking before I left the hosptial....Rhonda
Unread 03-30-2004, 01:32 PM

I am going to have a tah so I will worry about it next week. Right now I want to get through Fri. Then this will behind us both. A lot of folks sure are telling me about Progesterone Cream and it does wonders. I am 51 and still have both other overies working so I know life could be tough for a while.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register