So much for DH looking like a porterhouse | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

So much for DH looking like a porterhouse So much for DH looking like a porterhouse

Unread 07-14-2005, 01:15 PM
So much for DH looking like a porterhouse

Well, I went to my 2 week checkup today, loaded down with ?'s for the poor guy and let me tell you...badddddd mistake.
There was a thread on here a couple days ago where me and some of the girls were talking about how good our DH's look...forget that.
I asked my Dr if he had any "packing" that he put inside me after the surgery, because i've heard the horror stories about it being left in, and no nurse took anything out of me the next day. He looked at his papers, handed me a blanket and told me to take everything off that's on the bottom, which freaked me out. So I did....and OMG when he came in to check me, I was waiting for him to touch my throat from the inside. In that instant, my desire for my hubby shot right out the door. My poor DH went from looking like a med-well porterhouse steak, right to liver n onions..ewww....
Needless to say, everythings healing fine, there was no "packing" left inside me, the discharge and funny smell is normal, and everythings good now that i've taken a pain med cuz i'm more achy now that he was in there...lol.
Don't have to worry about me doing the hankypanky for another 4 weeks, i'm not even doin the "dry run". My crotch is "off limits" till after my 6 week checkup!!!!!!

Hugz
Bernadette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2005, 01:23 PM

Well, I'm a vegetarian so even if your DH does look like a porterhouse, I'll leave him alone. You'll be good and ready for him in a month, extra rare, with all the condiments. My best wishes to you!

Personally, though, I wonder how we're supposed to know if we're really ready?
Unread 07-14-2005, 01:32 PM

lol...don't know. I think i'm going to be scared to do anything after 6 weeks too. What if i'm not fully healed and something breaks...

Hugz
Bernadette
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-14-2005, 01:39 PM

I am just crackin' up here today...some of ya'll say the funniest things! I am so glad we all still have a sense of humor!
Unread 07-14-2005, 01:47 PM

I was scared to death myself but my DH was more than ready, so when the doctor told me I was okay, my DH was okay! But, my doctor told me to ask my DH to use shallow penetration and lube for a while, since even if you are healed externally, it takes a while for all the internal stuff to be totally healed. It made sense to me, and we tried it, and it was fine. Not the greatest sex of my life, but no pain, so it was in the 'win' column. The next couple times have been better, but still not full penetration and using lube, which is working well for us. I may make my DH wait a year for 'wild and abandoned' sex again, but at least we are both getting some! Sorry if this is but it worked for me, and I believe in sharing my fun!

Take care and best of luck!!

Bunnyjean
Unread 07-14-2005, 01:49 PM

Well, I'm scared to death myself! Only 2 wks. out and yes, my hubby is very attrative right now and I can't wait till the 6 wks. is up, I'm scared. I never knew going INTO this surgery that my cervix would be removed NOR what a vaginal cuff was. Not until I was re-admitted did I pop the question to the NP, of, by the way, did he leave my cervix? It just didn't occur to me at my pre-op to ask and HE DIDN'T volunteer the info. I wonder why? Anyway, do they manipulate us 'that' bad in removing the cervix and creating the vaginal cuff? Will sex ever be the same? AAAhhhh...I'm trying to take the bad with the good about this surgery and seem to be learning everthing about it AFTER the fact of having it, anyone feel like that? And oh, listen to this, I went to get my daughter last night from gym., rode with DH,didn't drive..anyway, another mom said, You look tired, are you sick? Well, I told her what I had done and she said, Oh, well I had the same thing exactly and I played softball two days out..I never felt better in my life..........I wanted to puke...here I am 2 wks. out , still on pain med's and nowhere NEAR easing back into my 'normal' routine and I know everyone has their own healing rate, but it was discouraging...I'm just trying to do the best I CAN DO..and this website really really helps!!!
Unread 07-14-2005, 02:07 PM

PLAYED SOFTBALL 2 DAYS AFTER? I don't think so! Even the gals with Laparoscopic surgeries aren't running, sliding, tossing a ball and twisting to bat after 48 hours, I'm pretty sure.

I'm sorry. If she's not mis-remembering, then she's full of hooey, or her abdomen is full of adhesions and she just doesn't know it yet. I seriously doubt that she was recovered from anesthetic and dehydration 48 hours after surgery.

Just tell big goofballs like that "I'm following my doctor's orders and advice. I want to be sure I heal properly and have the best health I can when this is all said and done." And then move on.

You heal at the rate your body decides. Don't let anyone tell you differently.
Unread 07-14-2005, 02:12 PM

LOL@ full of hooey...you tell'em girlfriend! Half of us are scared to death of having sex, there's no way in creation that i'm going to play softball, pulling weeds from my flowerbed about killed me. Not to mention trying to pick up the house...believe us...that woman is nuts!!!

Hugz
Bernadette
Unread 07-14-2005, 02:13 PM

Don't worry girls, everything will be okay. I am 5 months post op now and feeling great. I had a vaginal hysterectomy and also lost my cervix, but kept both ovaries. I got the green light for sex at 4 weeks. We took it easy and it was a little bit sore, but still felt good. Just remember slow and easy. It didn't feel the same and I was a little concerned about that, but as the weeks went by and the more that we did it, the better it got. At about 8 weeks, it was normal again and it was awesome. Not having to worry about bleeding all the time has been a blessing. Sex has never been better and I can't seem to get enough. LOL
Unread 07-14-2005, 02:17 PM

I don't know, I haven't had it for 6 weeks, I don't know if i'll know what "slow and easy" is...that's what scares me.
I also reminded DH that now there's no week off for good behavior anymore...hehehe...he knows he's in trouble....

Hugz
Bernadette

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register