tingling in limbs one year post op? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

tingling in limbs one year post op? tingling in limbs one year post op?

Unread 06-03-2007, 09:23 AM
tingling in limbs one year post op?

Hello ladies!

I am one year post op, and I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing "paresthesia", which is tingling, pins and needles, in arms and legs. I also have some joint pain, neck and head pain, heart palpitations (PVC's which means premature ventricular contractions, the heart taking a beat early which feels like a skipped beat). I have been thinking this was some dread disease, but now I am wondering if this is my ovaries (which I still have) shutting down, and some strange menopause symptoms. I have been checked for everything, and I mean everything -- brain and spine MRI, Lyme disease, lupus, rheumatoid arthritis, geez everything; i am officially sick of doctors.

does anyone else have these symptoms?
love beth
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-03-2007, 10:23 AM

i hope you start feeling better soon.... i found that when all of my fibroid issues were getting wrose, this includes endo on ovaries that i was getting all of your symptoms, my dr's all chalked it up to panic/anxiety, so they gave me ativan for when i would get what you described and it seemed to work. i believe that when our ovaries start to go through something our entire system is effected.. sadly my dr's did not give me a hormone test, they just thought i was nuts.. but looking back it all makes sense now. i am now addicted to the meds they gave me and will have to be weened off of it once i am ready to do so...i am finding walks, monthly massages, pedicures, and facials help me relax...
Unread 06-03-2007, 11:37 AM

Oh I am with you on that! If I had a dollar for every time a doctor tried to get me to take psychotopic meds, I would at least be able to buy some new clothes. I am so sorry that you got sucked up in that (fortunately I work with a group that helps people get off psych meds, so I didn't go for it, but let me tell you, the doctors argued with me -- one even said, "I guess you'll have to suffer"!!) All I want is a diagnosis, and then if they have nothing to offer other than psych meds, I'll go for the holistic handlings. You should look at www.theroadback.org, which has a plan to get off the drugs with no withdrawal symptoms using natural methods. Stay in touch I want to know how you do. (and I see my OB/GYN on june 11th, and I will be getting my hormones checked!)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-04-2007, 03:58 PM

Hi, I'm a new sister from England (joined today - first ever forum!)and I am just over 2 weeks post op (LAV). I don't have any of the other symptoms but I have had pins and needles in both feet on and off since I came home and it is much worse today - maybe because I've been doing too much. I'm sorry you are suffering but also a little bit relieved that I'm not the only one as it is beginning to worry me. I'm not actually on any medication so mine can't be drug related.

I did mention it to the nurse when I had my stitches out and she said she had the same thing when she had keyhole surgery and she said it was due to the gas they pump into you. However, I wouldn't have thought that would be the case for you a year on! And I would have thought mine would have gone away after 2 weeks too.

If it is the beginnings of my ovaries shutting down there was really no point them being left in!

I really hope you get sorted and feel better soon.
Unread 06-04-2007, 06:28 PM

Ispy you have the classic signs of perimenopause. If your doctors have ruled out everything else then I would not worry about it.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register