plans ruined (kids mentioned) feed back needed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

plans ruined (kids mentioned) feed back needed plans ruined (kids mentioned) feed back needed

Unread 06-21-2010, 05:01 PM
plans ruined (kids mentioned) feed back needed

hey girls its me again, and it am not happy if its not one thing its another I am the type of person that like to have things planned ahread of time. well heres what happened.

I found out that I was going to get the hysterectomy on the 9th of june. Right then I started to get ready for this day. (this was even before I got a date)
I have 5 kids so I have to have a a sitter and because I am getting surgery I am going to need somebody to be here to assist me when I get back from the hospital to help me and my kids. Well my sister told me that she would stay here during my stay in the castle and then then my best friend is supposed to come to the hospital with me and make sure that I am ok and the go to the house to help my lil sister with the kids.
Well today my friend canceled on me and I dont know what I am going to do because she is supposed to be here to come and get me from the hospital because I am going to have to have somebody to help me plus they will not allow u to take public transportation like a taxi unless somebody is there.
I dont know what to do because I am going to get this surgey weather she is going to be here or not it WILL BE DONE. omg WHY ME!!! I think the reason why she dont wanna do it is because she wanted to spend the night at the hospital with me and I told her that I dont know the hospital policy on that and that she may not be able to do it and she was like thats alot of running for me to come there sit with u and then leave after u get outta recovery and then maybe come back in the morning, instead of saying that right then and there she wait until 2wks 4days and I know that seem like plenty of time to find somebody but I dont have any friends here in cincinnati. the one other friend that I got is in jail right now. My family is busy the sister that will be watching my kids cant drive I dont know what to do really I dont I been looking in my phone book calling and calling and nobody has a suggestion. Rescheduling is outta the question I have to get this and I have to get it on the 9th I am hopping that the docs dont make a big deal outta me taking a taxi the hospital is one exit from where I like its like a 7min ride I am sure that I can handle it.

Ladies have u ever head of a hospital letting somebody stay the night in the hospital with u? Maybe I can get the hospital to make a consideration because I need her help to make this run smoothly please ur feed back is needed in this one thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2010, 05:38 PM
Re: plans ruined (kids mentioned) feed back needed

Honestly I think if you explain your ride must spend the night, they would allow it. Some hospitals would allow it no matter what, but since its a female it shouldn't be a problem even with a roommate. She might need to sleep in a chair, but still it would work. I think that's your best bet. I hope everything goes well for you.
Unread 06-21-2010, 06:40 PM

Yes, ask the hospital if she can stay the night given the situation.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-21-2010, 07:37 PM

Most hospitals allow overnight visitors now because it actually helps out the nurses too. That way they don't have to bring that person drinks, help them to the bathroom, etc. Good luck
Unread 06-21-2010, 07:37 PM

our hospitals allow someone to stay with you, in fact we never let family or friends stay in the hospital alone, ever...
Unread 06-21-2010, 08:02 PM

I had a private room (that is all my hospital offers) and they actually incourage you to have someone spend the night. I sent my husband home as I knew he wouldn't get much sleep on the pull out chair and with nurses coming in and out. I hope everything works out for you.
Unread 06-22-2010, 12:24 AM

My mother has always stayed overnight with me when I have been in the hospital. In fact, I would recommend that you should always have someone there with you when you are in the hospital.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register