Were you Charged for Copy of report? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Were you Charged for Copy of report? Were you Charged for Copy of report?

Unread 06-23-2008, 11:15 PM
Were you Charged for Copy of report?

I went for my post op 2 weeks ago and forgot to ask my dr while I was discussing my report if I could have a copy. however, I remembered when I went to talk to his receptionist. She asked why I needed it and I told her Iwanted it for my personal files. she said it would cost me $25. I said for just a few pages. She said yes or I could have the whole file for that price. His office workers are so LAZY and rude. My dh tried to ask them again several days later and they gave him the same answer. I was FURIOUS!
I have NOT gotten a copy yet. I have never been charged for reports. My endriconolgist sends me copies of labs and ultrasounds that are done on me. No charge! They make ENOUGH MONEY that they can afford to copy a few pages from our files from time to time. THEY ARE MY MEDICAL FILES!!!!!!!

I would like to know what others have experienced when they asked their drs for copies of the pathology report and labs they did. Any suggestions?
They told me I could request my file to be given to another dr. at NO charge, but I had to PAY for them. WRONG!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2008, 12:03 AM

My surgical report and pathology report cost me $3.56. However, when we moved and I asked the pediatrican who had taken care of my son for 10 years to transfer his files, it cost $25. That was 16 years ago.
Unread 06-24-2008, 01:26 AM

I also forgot to get a copy of the pathology report while I with the dr. So I asked for it on the way out and she asked why I wanted it and looked at me kinda weirdly. I said for my files and they went and got someone else and she asked me what I wanted. I said just a copy of the pathology report on my body parts that says I dont have cancer.... OH she said and came back with the 2 pages I wanted.
If you do want your whole file then I have always been quoted a charge for that if a copy is issued to me, but usually no charge if they are sending a copy of the whole file to a doctors office. If they continue to be difficult 1) Mention it to dr at next appt and / or 2) Have them send a copy to your primary for free and get a copy from the primary.
Gosh it really seemss like they are just being difficult doesnt it? Dont they know that we do not need to be given a hard time right now???? Go back in there and start crying and sit in the office sobbing. I bet they get you a copy quickly!! Just joking!!!! Good luck sista.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-24-2008, 01:31 AM

I am sitting here thinking about it some more..... why dont you call your dr s offc and leave a message for your dr to call you and then tell him your dilemma when he calls you. Dont tell the receptionist what it is about just say you need to discuss it with the dr.... GOOD LUCK again......
Unread 06-24-2008, 04:45 AM

I've been having some issues since my LAVH. I've taken it upon myself to go and see a speciaist 70 miles away in a bigger city than where I live. I called my GP's office , my OB-GYN's office and the hospital where I had all of my testing done. I DID NOT tell them why (that's my business) or where they were going. Everyone had them ready for me and I picked them all up on the same day. The hospital put all of my imiaging testing on a CD ROM for me. I made copies of everything for my own records and then sent them onto the new Dr. I DID find out that in PA if you are charged a fee, it is based on standard prices set up by Medi-care. No one charged me for anything.
Unread 06-24-2008, 05:02 AM

I did not ask for a copy of my reports. Simply because I had to get papers filled out 2 different times for work, and one time for the loan company where my insurance with them would pay my car payment while I was off work. And I got charged 15 dollars every time they filled out just a few lines of those papers. To me, that is just not right.
Unread 06-24-2008, 05:50 AM

i've been charged sometimes for my charts when i changed dr's. every office is different but i think a lot charge for copies now.
Unread 06-24-2008, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dena3513
I did not ask for a copy of my reports. Simply because I had to get papers filled out 2 different times for work, and one time for the loan company where my insurance with them would pay my car payment while I was off work. And I got charged 15 dollars every time they filled out just a few lines of those papers. To me, that is just not right.

I too had to pay 15 for them to fill out std papers for me but she said that it didn't matter if it was 1 or 10 it was just a flat rate.
Unread 06-24-2008, 06:57 AM

I went to the hospital to get a copy of my surgery report. There should have been a charge but since it appeared that all the info wasn't there the gentleman didn't charge me. When I looked through the papers, everything was there but somethings had been misslabeled.
Unread 06-24-2008, 10:03 AM

I think some offices are that way. It might help (not sure if you have a follow up) to ask your doctor directly during the appt. It might be that he will have his nurse print a quick copy without all the redtape. Going through the receptionist I am sure runs a greater risk of the charges. It used to be here, that the hospital charges for it, but the docs at the offices are a bit more lenient..but then again, it has been several years since I have requested anything. If you have another doctor (like a general practitioner) you see who gives them to you free, maybe ask them to request them and give it to you. Actually, your regular doc should receive a copy for your health records/history anyways.

It kinda peeves me too, its your body...you should receive a copy...free of charge, you have already paid them for their services (or insurance, etc.)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register