Scheduled TAH soo scared!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 04-10-2009, 08:14 AM
soo scared!!

Im having my tah on apr 13th i am so scared if its anything like my emer c-sec then im in trouble.ive been reading post op forums and it loks like they are feeling better.i have stage 4 endo and having both of my ovaries removed im also sad, thats i will never be able to have kids again i do have 2 beautiful kids and i was very lucky to get my son who is 1 after all i been thru. Thanks hystersisters for listening.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-10-2009, 08:53 AM
Re: soo scared!!

Hi and welcome to Hystersisters!

We are a great bunch of girls willing to share our experience to help others through the process. No question is to silly or out of bounds for us so ask away :-)

I think it is very scary pre op, imagining all the things that could go wrong, especially when you have already had to have an emergency procedure. But the waiting really was the worst part of it for me. I felt so much better once I got to post op and, although in some pain, knew things could only get better from here on.

Make sure you have lots of help around to help you with the children post op, you will need lost of rest initially and will have many restrictions on lifting which makes childcare & household duties difficult. You will need to to be pampered too.

Hope everything goes well for you :-)
Unread 04-10-2009, 10:52 AM

bluvster26 it is very normal to be scared before surgery. The waiting is our own worst enemy, it gives us time to imagine all the things that might go wrong.

Did you have complications from your emergency c section?

I am sure things will go well and I agree with Katy you will need help with the little ones for at least a few weeks after surgery!

Good Luck on your journey!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-11-2009, 02:32 PM

Hi,
I was so scared before my TAH too. Waiting was definitely the worst part. Everyone at the hospital was so nice. It was over before I knew it. I was sore the first few days but each day got better.
Just try to think positive and take it easy after the surgery. I'm a chicken and if I can do this so can you !!!!!

Susan
TAH-BSO March 2, 2009
Unread 04-11-2009, 08:37 PM

I had 3 c-sections and the first one was the worst because I had been through labor first. I was so scared to have my second one because the post-op pain had been so difficult but it was nothing compared to having been through labor and then having surgery. I don't know if this is what you went through or not, but I do know it makes a difference.

My surgery is scheduled for the day after yours. Even with all of the surgeries I have had, I am still nervous. What I am doing every time I start to go into worry mode is to imagine that I am on the other end starting to feel better and healing up fine. I am trying to focus on the positive rather than entertain the negative. This has helped my anxiety levels a lot!! Better even than medication! Hope it helps you some!
Unread 04-11-2009, 11:58 PM

You will be fine!I had an emergency csection too and not to scare you but the pain of the TAH is way worse!Atleast for the first week!Make sure you have lots of help,listen to your postop instructions and take pain meds on time so they dont run out of your system!Getting in and out of bed is terrible.You will need help!!And lots of it.but itll be over before we know it!!Good luck!keep us posted sister.Happy Easter!
Unread 04-12-2009, 05:01 PM

I'm scared too. My surgery (ab TAH/BSO) is in less than 24 hours (5:30am) and I'm freaking out! I just got very emotional cus my kids left to sleep at their Grandparents.

And I'm deep into the bowel prep. Yikes. 9 pills between 2pm and 11pm, 2 dulcolax at 9pm and just drank a bottle of whatever that stuff was. They had me at the first two pills, let's just put it that way. LOL.

Good luck bluvster26. It's somehow comforting to know that someone else is going through the same thing.
Unread 04-12-2009, 08:00 PM

I know what you all mean. I am praying for you both, and I am right behind you. My TAH is scheduled for 4/24.......I have had two c-sections, one emergency and I remember the pain after that one...but I made it through, and sure I will make it through this....just I am way older than I was back then.

Your right Marnie....it is way comforting to know there are others going through it. I'm praying for you, really, really hard...and will remember you tomorrow. You will do great!! Write us back and let us know how it went.

I hope I do okay too.
Unread 04-12-2009, 08:09 PM

If you read my posts for all night 4/2 I had my LAVH everything removed on 4/3/09 Day 9 recovery I was flipping out. Once you get to hospital fear gets easier and the staff that handles this handle it. They know your fear and tell them what you need before if must I did and when I awoke they had my son there and glasses on and in a very quiet corner of recovery. I suffer panic. What Im trying to say is if I made it and I have many sub illnesses asthmas panic with agoraphobia very anemic etc. YOU WILL BREEZE THRU IT I NEVER HAD CSECTION THOUGHT HORRFIES ME. You will be great the anticipation what getting you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register