Surgery tomorrow!! *very nervous* | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery tomorrow!! *very nervous* Surgery tomorrow!! *very nervous*

Unread 09-03-2002, 06:42 AM
Surgery tomorrow!! *very nervous*

Oh dear *very nervous*

The day before surgery- I can really identify with the thread "maybe I should rethink all this". Maybe I don't need this (who am I kidding, bleeding for two months, fibriods, tissue passing, etc) but I too would "go screaming nuts" if I were rescheduled. I'm really tired, my blood is low, I guess I'm off to the castle tomorrow with juicing and bowel prep (uck) today. Please think of me tomorrow morning. Good thoughts and some prayers, too please.

Thank you all!

Sky3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2002, 06:54 AM
Very Nervous

Good morning sky!

Just wanted to let you know that I'll be keeping you in thought and prayer tomorrow.

I was ok coming up to my surgery date until about 48 hours prior. I survived by staying busy and doing some nice things for myself. I would also encourage you to take a couple of your favorite magazines with you to the castle tomorrow, as my surgery was delayed about 2 hours, and I was very glad to have something interesting to read.

I know you've already heard it, but it really is true - the wait is the hardest.

I'm nearly 4 weeks post now, and I'm feeling so good. I just need to get a little more energy back each day, but otherwise, I feel wonderful! Think positive thoughts about how great you are going to feel very soon, sweetie!

Denise
Unread 09-03-2002, 07:28 AM
Hi Hon!!

I have surg. in the morning too. I actually feel pretty darned relaxed....all things considered. I will be thinking of and praying for you today.. we are going to be more than fine after this is done, we really are! God bless you and tons of s!! xoxoxo Betsy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-03-2002, 07:51 AM

Hi, you're in my thoughts and prayers. I 'm 5 weeks post op now so I can still remember how nervous I was. I'd heard that a lot of us get calm right before the surgery but wasn't sure I really believed it . But - I was calm the morning before - I think it's because all the waiting is finally over.Think positive thoughts & rest assured that we're all here for you! Big s
Unread 09-03-2002, 09:08 AM
Happy Thoughts of a new and better life

Hi there,
I have TAH/BSO on Thursday. I'm just now getting nervous too.
We will be okay. Just a little bump before a completely fulfilled life. Right?
I know the rethinking thing. We know that it is best for us to go this route.
Keep me posted and I'll keep youposted too.
You are in my thoughts and prayers.
Blessings of Peace,
Monica
Unread 09-03-2002, 10:28 AM

Hi sky3, Betsy and Monica s to you all
The waiting is really the worst part (you watch, you'll all be saying this to the other liws when you come back!).

My suggestion to help get through this is, once you get to the castle, try to kind of "zone out"... I detached myself from everything that was happening and let it just flow past me, as if it were all happening to someone else. Fighting it just makes it worse. It's like they say in Japan, about the bamboo trees being so strong because when the winds come, they just bend instead of trying to stand up straight and breaking. Know what I mean?

You will all do great, and I'm looking forward to seeing you over in Post Op and also reading your castle stories in Princesses Tell Hyst-Stories when you're up to that!

-Linda
Unread 09-03-2002, 11:05 AM
preop jitters

Hi sky..
Everyone is right..the waiting is the hardest. You are going to feel so much better once this is over with..! I had mine done August 19th..I was low energy as well..nemic..anyways..just know we are all thinking about you...Lemon jello is good at the castle when your ready to eat!! Best of luck
Unread 09-03-2002, 06:36 PM

Dear Sisters,

Thanks for all the prayers, hugs and positive thoughts. It means a lot.

Betsy, I'll be thinking about you tomorrow as we both have our big day. Monica, I want to wish you good luck now as I'll still be in the castle on your big day.

Looking forward to my crown. Talk to you all when I get home.

Sky 3

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register