Home again from the hospital, and 2 car wrecks! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Home again from the hospital, and 2 car wrecks! Home again from the hospital, and 2 car wrecks!

Unread 03-18-2006, 06:38 PM
Home again from the hospital, and 2 car wrecks!

hey guys...ok,i was re admitted monday,they had me on mass antibiotics,and did surgery on thursday.the doc said he had to cut out alot of pockets of infection,and he had to cut alot of tissue out where it had died from the infection...they released me yesterday,a home health nurse is here 2 times a day to pack the insicion,and she says its ooking good...now i have to tell you what happend..i have to take the highway to get to my hospital,on the way there monday,some young girl hit me and my dad,she was going 75 miles a hour!!banged up and bruised,but were ok,and my dads getting a new car..i get admitted for 5 days,and have surgery,came home last night,this morning i get a frantic phone call at 9 am..my mamaw had one of my 3 year old triplets...they were on there way back from the store,and yet ANOTHER young girl ran a stop sign,and hit them ...it hit on the side my daughter was sitting in her car seat!!!so,off i go to the er..again....my mammaws car is totalled!!my daughter has messed up her hip,they said its not broken,but its now bowed outward,and her left foot is turned in..im calling her ortho doc on monday and getting her in...my mammaw is hurting very bad in her chest into her back,also did xrays and they sid nothing on her is broken...this seems like a totally unbelievable story....2 wrecks,and a surgery all in one week is not good for ones nerves..i told my mom god is trying to get my attention,and he certainly has it now!!please pray for me,and my family...this madness has got to end!i hope this coming week is better.....sonie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2006, 06:51 PM

Hang in there! Listen to your body and your heart. This too shall pass...
Unread 03-18-2006, 07:07 PM

Sonie,
God does go to extremes to get our attention!! Best wishes for the coming weeks, they have to be better!!! I'll say a little prayer for you and the family.
blessings,
angie
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-18-2006, 07:29 PM

sonie! you have got to be kidding! is your house located under a ladder? this is absolutely insane! girl, you all need to stay inside, and heal. i am so sorry for you all. i will say a prayer for your family. especially your little girl! lots of hugs! heather
Unread 03-18-2006, 07:40 PM

You are one strong woman to have been through so much and still able to keep your sanity! I would be in a mental institution by now! Wow, I will pray for you AND for your family and especially your little one. Surely God has wonderful things in store for you guys for all you have been through! For now, please get lots of rest and take things one day at a time! It WILL get better!
Unread 03-19-2006, 12:32 AM

I hope this next week is a much better week for you! Best wishes to you and your family! in there!
Unread 03-19-2006, 03:29 AM

Oh My!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I am so sorry that you are going through all of this. Having to deal with an infection is one thing (believe me I know) but add up to every thing else and WOW!!.
You and your family will be in my prayers at Church this morning. Please update us on how you are doing.

God Bless,
April
Unread 03-19-2006, 04:39 AM
so much stress in your early recovery!

I am so sorry to hear this. What huge stress for you in early recovery. I am glad to hear that most of the people seem to be ok, and it's the cars that are totalled, and I hope that excellent help for your daughter and mother is forthcoming so that your mind will be at ease and you will have the peace you need for recovery. Please keep us posted.

I remember the "lightning couldn't possibly strike twice" feeling from the time of my first marriage in 1972. My ex's grandmother died the day of our wedding, and his aunt died the day afterwards. The "honeymoon" became a series of wakes and funerals. But there is no comparison with your situation, as they were both elders.

Take care,
Holly
Unread 03-19-2006, 08:05 AM

hey sonie. how is everything going today? heather
Unread 03-19-2006, 08:12 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by time2grow
hey sonie. how is everything going today? heather
hey there heather...im sore,but im getting there....the best part about them getting this infection,is,i am not horribly nausious anymore!!thats a great feeling...i hate that at 7 weeks,i have to start all over with the whole recovery process....the nurse doesnt come out today,so my hubby does the packing and re-packing today...my sister-in-law is a nurse,so when she gets off work,shes coming over to do my night time packing,and make sure he is totally comfortable doing(something the homehealth agency should have done!!)....my daughter seems to be fine this morning,so im relieved about that..my mammaw is still in alot of pain though..it has me worried..ill check in tonight...thanks for caring so much..this group is wonderful,and without all your advise,and suggestins,i could not have dealt with all of this...thanks so much to all of you....sonie

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register