six month post op...... - Page 6 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

six month post op...... six month post op......

Unread 08-28-2007, 06:53 PM
six month post op......

lap is where they go through your belly button with a scope to see whats going on inside. I had that done at the hospital out patient surgery. Very sore now that the morphine has wore off. Taking tylenol3 doesnt work that great. Hopefully this is the last surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 07:56 PM
Would I do it again? Am I feeling better?

Quote:
Originally Posted by jennice41
Snaj,
You are funny. I think that when you are hurting, your friends just want you to be happy and won't tell u everything. I have 1 friend that had this surgery 6 yrs ago and although she is not flat, she has lost a lot of weight since surgery. She works out like a maniac though. I would say that she is about 30-40 lbs smaller. Aside from her, everyone else is bigger and not just the belly. I was so against this surgery and I will make sure (even though I feel better than before) that if anyone wants any advice, I tell them everything. My sister is like the only 1 I know over 35 still bleeding and that is because she won't get off erthe pill. My 1 co-worker went in a wk after I did. I think that some women want you to join their world. They made it out to be loike it was the best thing in the world. Some days, I too feel that way. Today isn't one of them. I will not let it beat me though. Thanks.
I've been reading all before you and yours today and it seems that everyone is pretty much feeling as I do, and have for the past 3 or 4 months. I don't too much worry about my belly as I've always had a bit of a pouch after my 3 children, yet I do NOT like the weight gain, the NO sleeping, the low energy, the digestions changes, and the gas and bloating. It is nice that I do not have the very heavy, painful periods anymore, or the painful ovulation, or pain from the fibroids, BUT all that was Very familiar, and all this is scary because it keeps on going on and on and I'm very afraid that I won't be able to be well ever, not to say again. Even my dear mother-in-law said it is the best thing she ever did for herself, it was like being 12 again. I do NOT agree, I believe there should be total counseling prior to having this surgery, because there are so MANY side effects that not only were we not alerted to but when we tell our doctors they act like we are the only ones who have these problems. HRT does help with the hot flashes but I'm not really sure what else. I'm with all of you and would not recommend this surgery as a catch all or the only way, but would tell them of the pros and cons, when I know of the pros better. Thanks for all being so honest.
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:03 PM
six month post op......

Quote:
Originally Posted by honey624
omg....ladies...I am like 5 days post op and came over HERE to see what the future might hold. I am ALREADY having hot flashes...either that or the occassional Darvocet!! OMG...this thread brought tears to my eyes...and a lump in my throat.
Sorry you had to see this and hear this, maybe for you it won't be as bad as if you continually read these posts there are some, I know only a few, but there are some success stories out there. We just need to vent, and we're cranky because we are so tired. But we must believe there is HOPE out there, or at least keep on praying for complete restoration of health.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-28-2007, 08:36 PM
six month post op......

Mishelli,
I know what a lap is. I had 1 in 03, lap for adhesions and then my hysterectomy was a LSH (laparascopic supracervical hysterectomy. I just never heard of an orthscopic lap. Did he remove anything? How r u feeling?

Honey,
I feel like you and wanted to know what I would feel like in 6 mths. However, u must be feeling pretty good off the pain meds if you think your surgery was 5 days ago, unless your surgery date is wrong.

Jacksgramma,
I am so glad that I decided to come to this thread. I have been over in my progress report July 9-16 pretty much from the beginning. Although, I have made many sister friends, I wanted to feel crappy and depressed today. I stopped the pain pills at wk 5 and started to feel better right before week 6. However, my rectal pressure/pain still passes through the day. I still get the twinges and pins/needles and last week, everytime I ate, I cramped and had to go to the bathroom. I have started eating very light. My dr. told me no ruffage, pizza or beef for the 1st week. My stomach isn't the best anyway and I think that I ate the wrong things too quickly. My belly is still swollen and from knowing people personally and reading posts here, it stays like that for a year. That's real refreshing. They say don't overdo anything, but you have to move on and work, clean, cook, etc. I am scared to death to have X. I have tried it 2 times alone (TMI) and the second time was better than the first. But with a man (WOW), I am not ready. My 2nd post op my dr. did a internal and surprising it didn't hurt. I am just frustrated and wondering, WHY or WHY didn't I follow my mind and get the myomectomy. Like, u said, at least with the heavy bleeding, cramping, etc. it was familiar to us. I think this thread is going to blow up. Please tell me more about your digestive problems. I may now have to go see my GI again and I do not want to start him up. The GI and GYN keep passing you back/forth.
Unread 08-28-2007, 08:46 PM
six month post op......

I almost always feel bloated. Sometimes it even hurts with cramping. Just like I had with ovulation. I get very constipated, or impacted and must rely on a laxative every night or I'm in a very constipated place. I use progesterone cream for a number of reasons, one was to help prevent the bloating the estrogen patch creates, yet for the past couple of weeks my bloating is non stop and I'm very overwhelmed.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register