Any success stories for Adenomyosis alternatives? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Any success stories for Adenomyosis alternatives? Any success stories for Adenomyosis alternatives?

Unread 02-26-2012, 03:24 PM
Any success stories for Adenomyosis alternatives?

I haven't found any information that makes me think there is a better way to deal with my Adenomyosis besides hysterectomy. Is there anyone out there that had success with Hormone treatment instead of surgery? I am 47 and do not wish to have more children, so that isn't of concern to me.I am presently recovering from Laparoscopic surgery ( January 31, 2012) for myomectomy,endometriosis, irregular periods, and constant horrible pain and bleeding. At my 2 week post op checkup my doctor told me that during surgery she found that my uterus was enlarged and showed me photographs of what she believes is Adenomyosis. She gave me the option of having a Da Vinci total hysterectomy ( keeping my ovaries) as well as discussed other treatment options.It took me about 30 seconds to decide that the treatment options were not for me and I wanted a hysterectomy. That is also what my doctor thought I should do. She told me before the laparoscopy surgery that she was pretty sure she would need to do a hysterectomy based on my history and my recent ultrasound findings, but she wanted to do the laparoscopy first so she could actually see first hand what the problem was. She is waiting until after my 6 week post op checkup to do the hysterectomy as I need to first recover from this surgery. I have been on this website often reading the forums to make sure I have made the right decision. I am constantly wavering back and forth about my decision and this website has been valuable for me!!Thank you all for sharing your stories.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-27-2012, 10:34 PM
Re: Any success stories for Adenomyosis alternatives?

Hello,
I had LSH on 2-16-12, Uterus and both tubes were removed. Had my 1st post op check today. Adenomyosis was confirmed. Doc told me that taking hormones would not had taken care of the aden and that hysterectomy was the only option. I had it pretty bad, bleeding since Nov and ended up in the ER and needing 3 bags of blood. Went through hormones and bcp to stop the bleeding and nothing worked. Finally danazol did stop the bleeding to buy me time but the side effects were awful. I trusted my doctor 110%.
You need to trust your doctor too. I am glad it's over now.
Doc also said that in my situation, If I had decided not to do the hyst..there would be 80% chance the bleeding would be back and I may not be so lucky next time around. This made me really think of what I had to do. I know that every situation is different but with Aden, there isn't much of a choice.
Hope the best for you.
Unread 02-28-2012, 08:06 PM
Re: Any success stories for Adenomyosis alternatives?

Thank you so much. You have confirmed what I already knew. I just needed to hear it from somebody that has also been through it and made the hysterectomy decision.I have researched the alternatives thoroughly and have found nothing that sounds appealing at all. Not that a hysterectomy is appealing, but at least it cures the problem and the other treatments seem to cause more issues than they fix!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register