dVH/RALH Anyone feel anxious inside sporadically? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Anyone feel anxious inside sporadically? Anyone feel anxious inside sporadically?

Unread 07-20-2013, 03:06 PM
Anyone feel anxious inside sporadically?

Hi girls, hope all is well with everyone. I am 6 1/2 months post op, taking generic Effexor for hot flashes and night sweats. Helps a lot. I find myself getting anxious inside seemingly for no reason. It usually happens on weekends, when I am sleeping later and sometimes it lasts for such a long time. I am wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. Could it be hormones fluctuating? Thanks for any comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-20-2013, 10:20 PM
Re: Anyone feel anxious inside sporadically?

I too have had similar issues but found it was mostly related to pain meds! What time of day are you taking your Effexor? Some meds are better to take at night while others are best in the morning! I would talk to your doc about your concerns. It could easily be hormones, or you may need to switch the meds up a bit!

Best wishes,
Meg
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:23 AM

Hi Katey I'm about 7 weeks post surgery and struggling with anxiety for first time in my life. It comes and goes but I hate it, I used to be pretty in control now I'm all over the place even with hormones. Unfortunately I think it's just a time factor I've heard it can take 12 months to settle hormones. Just wanted to say hi and I completely get it..sending hugs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-25-2013, 06:35 PM

I, too, have suffered from anxiety and felt the same way as you report. This went on for 8 months before my surgery. I had never experienced such debilitating feelings and it's very difficult. My regular doctor prescribed a very low dose of Xanax to take as needed. Sometimes I just take a half of a pill. I don't need them very often, but they eliminate the anxiety inside. Perhaps you should discuss your anxiety with your doctor, too. Just knowing I have the meds helps relieve some of the anxiety and prevents a panic attack. Since my surgery, I've only felt some mild anxiety. I honestly believe it was triggered and worsened by hormones while I was pre op. I had severe endometriosis and I was in early menopause. I feel so much better now. I hope I don't have to face the extreme anxiety anymore. Good luck and don't delay talking to your doctor about your feelings.
Unread 07-25-2013, 06:41 PM

I am only 6 days post op and I feel nervous and shaky. I actually have tremors at times. But it's an inner feeling. Went to see dr. Everything healing well all lab ok. Started me on Vivelle dot 0.1mg. I sure hope it helps. Prayers coming ur way for complete inner peace.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register