New to group . . . hysterectomy | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Special Needs > Cancer Concerns - GYN

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

New to group . . . hysterectomy New to group . . . hysterectomy

Unread 06-05-2010, 10:02 AM
New to group . . . hysterectomy

Hi there,
i am new to group and have been recommended that I need to have a hysterectomy after cervical cancer, stage 1.
I have a cone procedure done and pathology came back with wide margins. My oncologist feels tis is the way to go, without taking out the ovaries. Other sights I've looked at say how women change and are never the same after this procedure.......
confused.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2010, 01:35 PM
Re: New to group... hysterectomy

Hi knickerokie,

I hope all goes well for you. You may want to look at the "Cancer Concerns - GYN" forum to see courageous stories and outcomes for those sisters who faced a situation similar to yours. You may also want to look at the forums where ovaries were left in and the ones where ovaries were taken out just to prepare yourself for all possible outcomes...ya know?

Anyway, this is one of the best places you can be for alternatives, befores, and afters to hysterectomy.

I hope this helps and I wish you the best outcome on your journey.
Unread 06-06-2010, 10:44 AM
Re: New to group . . . hysterectomy

(((knickerokie)))

I'm so sorry you are facing all of this but am very glad you found us! I'm also glad you're seeing a gynecological oncologist (gyn/onc) as they are the experts for gyn cancer/pre-cancers.

I had adenocarcinoma IAI and had a radical hyst as my only treatment. I also had my ovaries removed, but I had a prior history of cancer. I don't think it is routinely recommended to remove the ovaries with early cervical cancer unless the patient's unique history warrants it.

Any surgery can cause changes to your body which will remain long after the treatment. BUT! This surgery is to get rid of the cancer and save your life. After all, we want to have you around for a long, long time!

I know it's a lot to wrap your head around but take some deep breaths and one step at a time. There are A LOT of ladies here who made it, and if we did, SO CAN YOU!!!

monami
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register