Hysterectomy soon - I'm only 22 - Have questions | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Hysterectomy soon - I'm only 22 - Have questions Hysterectomy soon - I'm only 22 - Have questions

Unread 12-14-2008, 03:03 AM
I'm a tad younger...

Well I'm not in my thirties about to have a hysterectomy. I'm actually only 22 years old. And its going to happen on the 22nd of this month. Any words of advice to help me cope better anyone??? I wonder if the menopause i'll be experiencing soon will be mild or horrible. Any other women who have had one as early as i'm about to???
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2008, 01:10 PM
Hysterectomy soon - I'm only 22 - Have questions

I'm so sorry you're facing a hysterectomy at such a young age. Regardless of age, we all have to cope, in some way, as we begin this journey because we have our surgeries for different reasons and we all have different feelings and emotions about it. The members around here are of all ages and you're going to find terrific support here!

HysterSisters.com has the greatest members who are so kind to share their experiences with you and there's a wealth of information available to you here. Be sure to take a look at Pre-Op Checkpoints and the Pre-Op Page. You'll find so much helpful information!

Welcome again! Please make yourself at home and I wish you the very best with your upcoming surgery!

Deb
Unread 12-14-2008, 01:14 PM

I would recommend you get the book Sudden Menopaus available on this site. It may provide insight into things for you because it's written primarily for younger women.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-14-2008, 01:22 PM

I am so sorry you have to go through this at such a young age. If you are keeping your ovaries you may only have the hot flashes & night sweats for a few weeks like I did. That has gone away now. The girls here can guide you I am sure with some good ideas. Best wishes with your surgery! It will be ok. That is not just a saying, it really will be ok.
Unread 12-14-2008, 01:28 PM

Hi Starphantasy

I am sorry that you are having to go through this at such a young age.

Each type of surgery can throw up different issues during recovery so try to read the threads that are relevant to your type of surgery. Ask questions of us & we will do our best to answer. Someone is usually around 24/7 and no question is too silly or out of bounds for us, Hystersisters are just an amazing bunch of ladies who are willing to share their experiences, offer advice & support or hugs and prayer, whatever you need.

You need to remember that a lot of women go through surgery and out the other side without any issues. So a lot of the posts are from people who have had complications. Try not to dwell on them - my only complication was going back to work & dealing with how tired I was!

We do all seem to cope differently, some women never seem to get menopause symptoms, others have mild hot flashes & others seem suffering all the time.

Prepare for the worst & hope for the best!

Hugs

Katy

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register