Swelly belly at one year post-op? - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Swelly belly at one year post-op? Swelly belly at one year post-op?

Unread 02-22-2008, 01:00 PM
Swelly belly at one year post-op?

Thank you for reading my post! I am glad I am not the only one going through this! Keep in touch!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-22-2008, 01:13 PM

Thank you for reading my post! I am glad I am not the only one going through this! Keep in touch! I will check with my doctor as well!
Unread 02-22-2008, 02:07 PM

[b] I am having the same issues and also have no energy. This is one thing I wish I would have know befor my surgery. I think it has to do with my age and not working out all the time. Hugs to all and good luck with everything!
Unread 02-22-2008, 02:57 PM

Yep, big ole swelly belly here too!!! It seems a bit smaller in the morning, but by mid to late afternoon, it's swollen and sore.
I also have the tenderness... just brushing up against a counter sends sharp pain.
I go back to work on Monday and I'm not sure what I'm going to wear. I tried real clothes today for the first time and couldn't wait to get them off the minute I got home...
Not sure my boss will appreciate me coming to work in my jammies... hehe

I had my check up last week and doc just said it will eventually go away, but she couldn't give me a time frame... :-(
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:51 PM

I am here for you! I have never had a weight problem until now. I am trying to get into a better routine with working out, but I have no motivation! PLEASE know that you are not alone! I am trying to read (when I have time) up on Natural Hormone Replacements of some sort that may help with this. I was talking to a massage therapist and she had mentioned that there are certain hormones present in the uterus that may be the cause of this. (Dr. didn't mention this though) I will share what I come up with...please do the same. <<Hugs>>
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:55 PM

I sure will!!! I am going to try and do some research on Natural HRT...Smiles and Hugs.
Unread 02-28-2008, 07:59 PM

I know...I feel the same way...I just wish there was a "magic" fix to give me back the energy, so that I would want to work out consistently. My husband says the more I work out, the more energy I would have...(but when he says it I feel like I am talking to Charlie Brown's parents!) I want to reply, "Yes dear, let me know what your answer is once you have your vagina, uterus and cervix poked at for the last 5 years!"
Unread 03-13-2008, 09:41 AM

Wow Buffy Anne, you nailed it & this is why I've been on here for hours - trying to find out if it's normal! I had my TAH on Dec 3, 2007 & I'm experiencing the same exact thing. What makes it difficult is that my mother is adamant that I should not be experiencing this, after 'all this time' since surgery!?! I'm thinking it's normal & have had a positive attitude that it is, but when she responds to me that way, I begin questioning it!

And, after 'all this time' since surgery, like Cindamae41, the thought of having sex is not appealing at all -- ONLY because my belly is too tender!
My guy has not been able to retain in his memory - since the day after surgery until even now - that my belly was cut open & it hurts! His clumsiness is scary & I tire of constantly having to remind him to be careful. He'll do things like hug me by wrapping his arms around my belly - near the incision! Not on purpose, of course, just not "thinking"! Having sex? I don't think so!)

After reading these posts, I'm obviously normal & I'm not doing too bad at 3.5 months!!!

Belly Trouble
Hey, I am new at this but I had my hysterectomy about 3 months ago. My belly is still swollen, but mostly at the bottom. I was wondering also if I should still be so tender and sore across the lower part of my belly, just under my belly button. The incision doesn;t hurt but above it does. Is this normal?

I'm 5 weeks post op today and I have been really concerned about the swelly belly issue too. A couple weeks ago I felt as if I was finally returning to semi-normal but this past week has undid that thinking. My belly is swollen and painful like when I first came home from the hospital. Very discouraging. I see my doctor next week for my 6 week checkup and can't even fathom the thought of having sex unless I can somehow hover above my husband for fear of anything touching my belly!!
Unread 03-13-2008, 10:12 AM

13 weeks and I have a big "pouch" above incision to navel. I've started to try and convince myself that it might not be swelly belly, just plain fat. But my abdomen is also still sore to the touch about an inch or two from the navel and is still numb in places. I kind of wonder if I'm doing something wrong? The thing I find somewhat amusing (not really) is when I asked my Dr about swelly belly prior to surgery she didn't know what I was talking about - she said if anything, my stomach would get flatter because the fibroids were so big (looked 4 months pregnant). So where is the flat stomach? I'm waiting

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register