Vaginal hysterectomy , 4 weeks post op - feel like my progress might be slow | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Vaginal hysterectomy , 4 weeks post op - feel like my progress might be slow Vaginal hysterectomy , 4 weeks post op - feel like my progress might be slow

Unread 05-16-2016, 11:45 PM
Vaginal hysterectomy , 4 weeks post op - feel like my progress might be slow

I had vaginal hysterectomy feel like my progress might be slow , I am still very tied , I have no energy and feel a bit spacey in the head , feel I am not ready to drive yet .
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-17-2016, 08:26 AM
Re: Vaginal hysterectomy , 4 weeks pre opp

Everyone heals differently, some faster/slower than others.

I didn't start driving till Week 5, and even then it made me tired.

You've had major surgery, so take it easy. It was probably 3 - 4 months before I felt 'normal' and back to my old self.

Unread 05-17-2016, 09:27 AM

I'm three weeks post-op (vaginal) and I am fine to drive but I totally get the spacey thing. It is SO weird. And I'm exhausted too. I keep second-guessing myself (am I being lazy?) but I think it must be the surgery because this is not like me. I think we will get there, and that it just takes time!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-18-2016, 04:46 AM

Thanks for your reply , it has made me feel a bit better about my progress
Unread 05-18-2016, 12:12 PM
Re: Vaginal hysterectomy , 4 weeks post op - feel like my progress might be slow

Everyone is different, but I think at four weeks out, you are right about on track for a lot of people. I'm one day shy of five weeks post op. I just started back to work at my desk job, but I'm still experiencing a lot of fatigue. I need more sleep than normal, and the rest of the time I feel a bit like the walking dead. LOL! I actually didn't drive at all until four days ago. I took a short drive just to make sure I'd be able to drive to my office on Monday. So don't push it. I could have driven sooner, but figured that if I didn't have to do it, that just gave me more time to heal. This is your time to recuperate and get better. There is absolutely no competition here. And some days will be better than others. Sometimes it feels like one step forward, two steps back. But you'll get there! Good luck!
Unread 05-18-2016, 12:52 PM

I'm the same, questioning whether I really need this much rest or if I'm being lazy. Also totally relate to the spacey feeling. I'm two weeks out from a TVH and feeling pretty good, no major issues other than work wanting me to come back already. My doctor seemed to set fewer restrictions than many on here from the beginning and today at my two week appointment said I could basically do anything I wanted (except sex of course) but if something hurts, don't do it and be sure to still rest after activity. I almost wish I had more stringent guidelines to follow, like exactly how many episodes of The Good Wife in a day is too many, lol. Wishing everyone the best with their recovery.
Unread 05-18-2016, 12:58 PM
Re: Vaginal hysterectomy , 4 weeks post op - feel like my progress might be slow

Hi girls, I am 4 weeks and 1 day today and I've been doing 3 hours a day at my desk job and I'm still sooo tired. I definitely thought about the lazy thing but am too tired to care! I am still spacey, can't process things quickly and I have not been on meds other than ibuprophen when needed. I think it's just the nature of this surgery.
Unread 05-18-2016, 06:15 PM
Vaginal hysterectomy , 4 weeks post op - feel like my progress might be slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Michelle w View Post
I had vaginal hysterectomy feel like my progress might be slow , I am still very tied , I have no energy and feel a bit spacey in the head , feel I am not ready to drive yet .
Hi Michelle,
I'm almost 4 weeks post op and returned back to work yesterday & im still very tired & drained.Ive been told over & over that the healing process is very slow.Just take your time & don't get frustrated.

Kim

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register