Overwhelmed | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 02-08-2003, 10:59 AM
Overwhelmed

Friday 1/31 call from doc to schedule surg........Mon 2/3 pre op appts....Quit smoking Tuesday 2/4......Surgury Tuesday 2/11........ new home inspection is Tuesday 2/11......... Court date for my son 2/20............ closing on my new home (if all goes well) 2/28............ moving date (if all goes well) 3/1.........
you ladies get the picture ???

I'm feeling overwhelmed and wanna run away from ME !!!!!!!!

other than a few lil crying jags when I got the date scheduled, I have been pretty good........ today I can't stop crying.......
I just want to climb under a blanket....... have a cigarette......... and never come out !!!!!!!!!!!!!

I think Feb 2003 will go down in the books for me as being the month of insanity !!!!!!!!

Thanks, needed to vent........ can't stop crying....... going into chat now.........

MissSugar
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2003, 01:53 PM
Uh, hope you have a lotta help for that move!

Yes, indeed. You do sound like things are a little frantic around there. I can relate for sure. It's kinda like that where I am. But moving less than three weeks after TAH/BSO? I sure hope you have a LOT of help!!! Don't move anything but your body!

Hope things go well for you on Tuesday.

Joselle
Unread 02-08-2003, 03:44 PM
Overwhelmed

Sister I am right there with you! I of course don't have the Feb schedule of events that you do, except, my surgery is MONDAY. Yikes, getting closer by the minute!!!!! I am trying to quit smoking myself. I was doing great until today. A few puffs here and there. I have cleaned every carpet in my house, washed blinds, just about everything that isn't tacked down, all since 5 this morning. It's now only 2:30 in the afternoon and not sure what I will do with the rest of the day. I am not sure why I feel so blue but, I do!
I know we will get through this. I will be thinking of you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 02-08-2003, 06:17 PM
Overwhelmed

You poor thing!

I can relate to your feelings. I don't have my hyst scheduled yet but this couldn't be a worse time for me. My schedule is going to be pretty nuts too. We are starting several huge new projects at work, I am scheduled for a one chance only 2 day training session in March. On one hand I hope they can schedule the hyst right away on the other hand I hope it is after the training, but then I don't know how long I can stand the way I have been feeling. I keep bleeding and bleeding and bleeding. I am trying to get things scheduled for a home re-finance, taxes. Because of all my bleeding I cannot get out much, except for work. I'm missing out on my Grandkids events a lot of the time, social life, errands are difficult to accomplish because I am either bleeding so much or am so darn tired.

Enough on me, back to you. Congrats on quitting smoking, a wise and tough thing to do. Pamper yourself, you deserve it.

I'm sending hugs and best wishes your way.

Connie W
Unread 02-08-2003, 07:28 PM
I'm with you ladies

I know just where all of you are coming from. It seems like, since I scheduled my hyst, the world is crashing down around me. Because there is no money left in VA's budget, the after-school program has been cancelled, so I've had to pick my son up early every day this past week, which caused me to miss work. They don't mind if you need to bring your child in for a while, but he is so wild, no one could get anything done, including me, if he's there...I'm trying to get everyone at work ready for my leave of absence, which is difficult because I'm the first person in the position I'm in at my workplace and no one knows what I really do, much less how to do it. We have a huge project coming up the second week of March for which I must be there every day, (according to the past couple of months this should be when I start bleeding and yes, clotting very heavily). On top of all this I had two fillings fall out of my mouth in the past three weeks, (both front teeth), and I have to have a crown lengthening, a root canal, and two crowns put in before I go for surgery. GEEEZ! Does it ever end? Yes, it does! That's what we all must believe...it does get better, and with lots of hope and even more er we'll get through this just fine...probably better off than we were a couple of days ago.
Have faith ladies!
Unread 02-08-2003, 07:35 PM
forgot to mention

I quit smoking on December 26. The first couple of days were really rough, (thought I was going to bite my tongue clean off), but once I got through that I was fine. Every once in a while, like after a really good meal, I want a cigarette bad, but I make it through and it gets easier every day. One thing that makes it easier is when I pass by two or three people smoking...they really don't smell very good and I wonder how I could've ever enjoyed that. One thing I believe, though; you'll never be able to quit unless you really want to. I attempted to a few times because my DH was pestering me to...but it didn't work, because I didn't have the desire to quit.

Good luck! You'll quit when you're good and ready. Have a great weekend!
Unread 02-08-2003, 09:18 PM
Overwhelmed

WOW talk about a full plate! I don't know about you but my body sure couldn't handle all that stress AND a hysterectomy on top of it! I wouldn't be able to heal properly because I wouldn't be able to rest. Can you put it off until after you move? I had a LSO done abdominally December 18th and I thought I would be just fine for Christmas. BOY WAS I EVER WRONG!!! I barely got through Christmas Eve without throwing up and all I DID was sit on the couch at my sisters house while others waited on me. On Christmas day I had to stay home while my husband, son and father went to my sisters house to eat dinner. I slept that entire day I was so worn out from the night before!

If you can't reschedule then may I make a suggestion that you rent a wheelchair? Two weeks after my surgery I got cabin fever so hubby took me to the mall and rented a wheelchair to push me in. Trust me when I say you can't stand for too long after surgery, feels like your insides are about to fall out. So since you have places you need to be just use the wheelchair and it will make it MUCH easier on you, trust me!

I am just NOW getting my energy back from my LSO and I have just nine days left until my TAH/RSO so I wil be back to square one then! Believe the ladies on here when they tell you how weak you will feel after surgery and how tired/weak a little bit of an excursion will do to you. I don't mean to scare you but I just think that you will have too much on your plate to add a surgery to it. It takes time to heal after this type of surgery and rest, did I mention rest ! If you can do all of this then more power to you cause Lord knows I couldn't! GOOD luck and I hope it all goes well and I will pray for you to have a speedy recovery!

Jennifer
Unread 02-09-2003, 03:26 AM
Overwhelmed

I guess the scheduling can never be absolutely perfect but yours does sound a bit nuts!! Is there plenty of people around who can help you - take all the help you can get!!

Good luck I hope everything drops into place for you
Unread 02-09-2003, 01:21 PM
Overwhelmed

Oh ((((Sugar))))),
What craziness you have in store! I'm 20 days post-op TAH BSO - vert incision and there's no way I could be doing any moving this week - let alone only 2 weeks post op.
I've been having a very uneventful, slow and steady recovery but I don't pick up anything heavier than a magazine. I was warned by the hospital nurses to not even pick up a wet towel if I dropped it for at least 3-4 weeks. There's no way I'd be able to reach, bend, lift etc that you need to do in moving ( and I just moved to a new house last May so the memories are still fresh).
I think, if it were me, I'd see about postponing surgery till after the move. You'll really need pampering afterwards. Any chance of anyone coming to be with you after surgery? Perhaps they'd give you a hand with unpacking - you can still give great directions about where to put things, you just can't lift and put them there!
Hugs to you - just remember that if you don't allow yourself the time to heal properly, you could be dealing with complications for a long long time. You only get one chance at doing this right, and you sure don't want to have to go through this again!

TAH BSO -vertical incision 1/20/03 for solid ovarian mass and uterine hyperplasia with atypia. BENIGN path report - YEA!!! On the slow but steady road to recovery
Unread 02-10-2003, 07:33 PM
Overwhelmed

Can I join your club? Two weeks before I found out about my surgery, we put our house on the market and began to look for a larger house that we can now afford with the lower rates. between House hunting, keeping this one clean and showing it along with dreading the surgery, a son in the Guard about to be deployed yesh... Honey I can relate. For the first time in my life I am going to ask the doc for some anti-anxiety meds and take them with no guilt. Hope you do not get too overwhelmed. This site has helped me to calm down (knowledge is power!) and put things into perspective. Hope it does the same for you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register