Just diagnosed with "Fatty Liver"!! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > Hysteritaville General Discussions

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Just diagnosed with "Fatty Liver"!! Just diagnosed with "Fatty Liver"!!

Unread 10-04-2001, 10:13 AM
Just diagnosed with "Fatty Liver"!!

I need your input. I am now 228 lbs, and doc wants me to lose 20 lbs in 3 weeks. He told me to join Jenny Craig. Easy for him to say, he's not the one paying for it! Anyway, I have to figure out what I am able to eat now, as doc told me to not eat any carbs, and just eat fruits and veggies. Can you give me any suggestions? I'm 6 months post op, and starving right now as i write this. Doc told me I'd be miserable, but I'll feel better when I lose this weight. I don't think I will be able to do this. please!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-04-2001, 05:06 PM

Why was he saying no carbs? I am cutting back on carbs because I have PCOS and I have a problem with insulin resistence. So I am eating lean proteins and low carb veggies. That means no potatoes, pasta, corn, white bread, sweets. I shouldn't go on as it might make you hungry for everything you are not suppose to have. Have you ever tried weight watchers? They have a nice plan. I should not be saying anything as I have a ton of weight to drop! It is so hard so just take it slow and try to make it healthy. Good luck and don't give up.
Unread 10-07-2001, 06:19 AM

Sheri, I havent tried weight watchers yet. I also forgot to mention he said to cut out all fats, as in oils, butter and margarine. This makes eating tricky. I'm about ready to do a liquid diet. I can't see how I'll lose the weight that he wants me to any other way.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-07-2001, 08:53 AM

What a hard task you have. A friend of mine is presently on Opt-Fast under Dr. supervision and has lost 38 lbs. You can only get it through a Dr. and it was developed at the Mayo Clinic. Her insurance is even paying for it. Maybe your Dr. could do this for you. My only concer is will she do an Oprah when she is able to eat again. I don't know how she does it. But if it is a question of health I guess you can make yourself. Can you have good fat (olive oil)?

I hope you are able to get yourself healthy. It will be hard but don't give up.
Unread 10-07-2001, 10:10 AM

Why do you need to lose so much weight so quickly. Yes I know you have been diagnosed with a fatty liver but will 20 pounds in 2 weeks cure your problem.

I am doing almost what Sherik is , though I eat some carbs here and there, all whole wheat though of course.Though tonight is a wash as it is our Canadian Thanksgiving.

You can have lean meat salads ect. President Choice makes a lovely Rasberry Vinagrette. Meat is not a carb, but go lean fish chicken etc. This could be the start of a lifestyle change. The plan I follow is Sugar Busters. Fruit salads. Veggies and dip with low fat sour cream . Soups are great to there are so many types you can make.

Anyway I am not a Dr but I thought I would give you some ideas.Good luck and let us know it goes.

Unread 10-08-2001, 05:02 PM

I am using olive oil, doc said to cut it all out. I am about ready to wire my jaw shut. It is imposible. I dont think its healthy to lose all that weight in 3 weeks and its only because thats when my next visit with him is. I am about ready to give up and pass him off as a quack. Thanks for all your advice and support. I will be needing it even more. I just dont know what else to eat. Looks like broth is the way I'm going to go.
Unread 10-08-2001, 06:12 PM

That is insane! It is not possible to lose that kind of weight without damaging your health. I think you need to talk to your Dr. about a reasonalbe and healthy plan. See if he will send you to a nutritionist who can help you do a plan. Don't give up trying to do whatever you need to get yourself better.
Unread 10-08-2001, 06:19 PM

A nutritionist is also a good idea. I'll ask about this tomorrow when I call to book the CAT scan of my liver. He says he's almost 100% positive its fatty liver, though and not a blocked bile duct, as he first thought. All I know is I am at my wits end already.
Unread 10-08-2001, 06:24 PM

Bethany, It sounds like you need more info from your Dr as well. It is so upsetting to have a problem and need so many questions answered. Keep me posted on how it is going. Hope you get some good news soon.
Unread 10-09-2001, 08:20 AM

Bethany

That I agree with Sherik. Tell your Dr you want to lose weight but properly. Usually when you lose weight to quick you can gain it back to quick as well. A dietician would be an excellent idea.

I hopw everything goes well for you

Cath

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register