Pre-op hysterectomy appt | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Pre-op hysterectomy appt Pre-op hysterectomy appt

Unread 09-27-2014, 01:35 AM
Pre-op hysterectomy appt

So it's the real deal as I had final appt. with doctor before surgery on Oct. 15th. It's been a long summer of waiting as I first was diagnosed with uterine prolapse on July 1st.

Hope that bladder that's being pulled down by uterus won't be too angry after the surgery. What it would be like to not have pressure all the time in that area! Funny, my major concern beyond the obvious hysterectomy pain, is how my bladder might scream at me with potential bladder spasms. Prepared in my head to maybe come home with catheter since I am told that I have trouble emptying bladder fully right now.
Also praying I won't be incontinent like my grandma.

Thanks to this website, I've learned so much about my upcoming surgery. Now I'm praying and trusting God for a miraculous outcome using my Board certified Urogynocologist .

Signed the craziest forms today, one being I understand that having a total hysterectomy meant that my operation was not reversible. Duh! Only in California would we have to sign a piece of paper stating you can't put back a uterus once it's gone! Hospital red-tape, I'm sure.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2014, 10:16 AM
Re: Pre-op appt

Covering all the bases. Wishing you a bladder spasm free recovery. Don't want mine back once it's gone.
Unread 09-27-2014, 03:06 PM

The pre-op appointment really does make it real. I remember mine, and thinking "Wow, this really is going to happen, isn't it!"

I am not in California, and had to do similar. During my pre-op, I had to verbally tell the nurse the surgery I was going to have, even though we had been chatting about it the whole time. She said she had to hear me say it to her. I also had to sign a form that I understood that I could no longer get pregnant. There were other disclosures and hospital red tape particulars as well.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-27-2014, 07:46 PM

My paperwork at the hospital stated I knew after my hysterectomy I would no longer be able to have children. I laughed at the lady when she read it. She looked at me and I said: I have never been able to have children plus I am post menopause. She just looked at me and had me sign.
Unread 09-28-2014, 07:24 AM
Re: Pre-op hysterectomy appt

In Oregon I had the same paperwork-can't put it back and can't have children. My doctor also had a paper to sign with her post op instructions stating that if I fail to follow them and hurt myself she may not be able to fix my screw ups.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register