Scheduled LAVH I have questions about things other than pre op but don't know where to post them | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

I have questions about things other than pre op but don't know where to post them I have questions about things other than pre op but don't know where to post them

Unread 10-05-2014, 05:20 PM
I have questions about things other than pre op but don't know where to post them

Hi ladies.
Ive read and read so many posts and so many have helped with my questions. But I still have some questions. I watched the entire surgery I am about to have. If you look under the Divinci website they have an actual video of the surgery. My BF and everyone thinks I am insane but I had to see what was going to happen. I wanted to know what they were going to do inside of me. I research the crap out of everything.
I am so concerned about sex after. But I see very little postings on this subject. I can't post anything in Post Op because I have not had the surgery yet. Where can I go do post general questions? Or should I just respond with my questions to the posts that I read.

Thank you kindly!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2014, 05:24 PM
Re: I have questions about things other than pre op but don't know where to post them

Quote:
Originally Posted by willowoman View Post
Hi ladies.
Ive read and read so many posts and so many have helped with my questions. But I still have some questions. I watched the entire surgery I am about to have. If you look under the Divinci website they have an actual video of the surgery. My BF and everyone thinks I am insane but I had to see what was going to happen. I wanted to know what they were going to do inside of me. I research the crap out of everything.
I am so concerned about sex after. But I see very little postings on this subject. I can't post anything in Post Op because I have not had the surgery yet. Where can I go do post general questions? Or should I just respond with my questions to the posts that I read.

Thank you kindly!!!
Hi you may edit your post to include your questions here to get responses since you are pre-op this is the space for your questions.
Unread 10-05-2014, 05:31 PM
Re: I have questions about things other than pre op but don't know where to post them

Sex after is a scarey thought!! Please, please, please follow all restrictions you are given. Worth the wait!! Be prepared with lube, most use it at first. For me, sex was good at first (my nerves were high!) And only got better, even with complications and such. Some women notice the missing uterine contractions, some dont. I will also warn you ahead of time, expect heightened libido during the restricted time, and several on my thread, self included, had dreams that broke restriction. Open communication with your partner, and physician, would be good. They do so much work the first few experiences may remind you of your first times, trying to figure out exactly where the triggers and such are. You will! And above all else, when time comes if there is pain or other issues, do not hesitate to talk to your dr. A lot of things can be corrected if you are willing to ask!! One day at a time, before you know it you will be answering all those pre op questions for others. Best wishes!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-05-2014, 05:32 PM

(Oh, i am a nurse and already knew enough to be scared, i still have yet to watch the videi, but if you were ready and needed to, i see no reason you shouldnt!)
Unread 10-05-2014, 05:44 PM

Thank you so much for the responses!
Unread 10-05-2014, 05:52 PM

I watched the video and wrote down questions to ask my doctor. he did not do every thing like they do in the video. The video I watched the doctor put a gel mesh over the area of the scars where the parts were removed. he said he did not because his experience is that like pulling material over a rough spot, things will snag. This could include the colon or just the mesh pulling on tissue causing bleeding. He also said he stops half way through, checks my ID, chart, allergies, special request, review what surgery is being done, etc. then resumes. They also do it right at the beginning.

I can't answer about sex because that is not part of our marriage (husband has ED and Alzheimer's) but I did check to see if I could orgasm which I still can.
Unread 10-05-2014, 06:27 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by charlotteel View Post
I watched the video and wrote down questions to ask my doctor. he did not do every thing like they do in the video. The video I watched the doctor put a gel mesh over the area of the scars where the parts were removed. he said he did not because his experience is that like pulling material over a rough spot, things will snag. This could include the colon or just the mesh pulling on tissue causing bleeding. He also said he stops half way through, checks my ID, chart, allergies, special request, review what surgery is being done, etc. then resumes. They also do it right at the beginning.

I can't answer about sex because that is not part of our marriage (husband has ED and Alzheimer's) but I did check to see if I could orgasm which I still can.
Thank you!!! I was just posting a question about the mesh stuff that I watched him put in. Is that the same vaginal mesh that I keep seeing all of the warnings about?
Unread 10-05-2014, 06:31 PM
couldn't edit my post to add questions because I was over the 60 minutes sorry

So getting back to the sex topic. I watched them sew up the "cuff". And the doctor made some comment about the importance of being healed properly to prevent repturing and causing something with your bowls...Its the only part that freeked me out. How can they possibly know when you are healed properly to have sex? How many check ups to you have after? How do I possibly know if I am healed completely or not?
Also I cant stomach certain pain meds...is there a standard that they give..Darvocet makes me so sick...Someone mentioned some kind of "pain patch"...any comments would help.
Unread 10-05-2014, 07:18 PM
Re: couldn't edit my post to add questions because I was over the 60 minutes sorry

It is simply stitches and a doctor will be able to tell when stitches are healed or healing well. I know this is all overwhelming but don't read or Google too much.
Pain can be managed many ways. You should discuss this in the pre op. It will all be fine!
Unread 10-05-2014, 07:30 PM
Re: couldn't edit my post to add questions because I was over the 60 minutes sorry

At my check up to return to work my doctor wasn't going to church me internally but I insisted because I was still spotting at 5 weeks and he actually pushed my cuff and said everything was in place and gave me the okay to do whatever I felt comfortable to do. Of course these changes per doctor. i tried the same day ad mi was fine. But each person is different. I was given a morphine pump after surgery. It's best to discuss your pain concerns with your doctor and anesthia when you see them on the day of surgery.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register