Getting Ultrasounds on Monday scared. | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Options and Alternatives

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting Ultrasounds on Monday scared. Getting Ultrasounds on Monday scared.

Unread 08-09-2007, 01:12 PM
Getting Ultrasounds on Monday scared.

Hello,
I've only posted here once before. I am 33 yrs old and experiencing very heavy ( and LONG ) bleeding and clots. Sorry if TMI. Anyway, I "passed" the CBC test for Anemia just fine. ( I couldn't believe that I wasn't anemic! ) And the thyroid check came out fine.

I'm a big sissy and waited to see if these new BC pills would be any different. I've noticed the past few years the bleeding has increased. It's MISERABLE. I have to go to the bathroom constantly on day #2-7 of the period. It's disgusting. I hate the color plum ( the color of my husband's bathroom ) I'm sick of that color and ready to paint it green. I've seen too much of it. YUCK. ( Hopefully that gave you a little laugh! )

If this ultrasound on Monday shows NOTHING which I am really starting to wonder about, will they even consider surgery?

My doc suggested ablation, but I've heard so many horror stories on it. Believe me, I don't really want the hyst either, just wish the bleeding would just stop!

Another question is, "Do you really think they will come up with a pill that eliminates periods altogether?" Should I wait and try to be patient to see if they come up with one that will not have breakthrough bleeding?

My maternal grandmother ( who passed before I was born ) had to have a hyster, reasons unknown, my mother has unusual thickening of the lining of the uterus and her only sister had a hyster due to uterine caner ( she passed away not long after ) The fact that my symptoms seem to be progressively getting worse just scares me. I have two kids to care for.

Thanks and sorry so long,
One Silly Chic
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-09-2007, 04:17 PM
Getting Ultrasounds on Monday scared.

So sorry your having to deal with these issues! I have heavy bleeding but not as bad as yours or other on here, I just have awful cramps, legs pains & back pain! No medicine works and I was at wits end, I went GYN and had U/S done this past monday- It showed nothing! No reason for my pain! GYN said it must be hormonal plus scar tissue! He want to try ablation but I'm scared it won't work and I'll have to go thru a hyst anyway!!!
These choices really are a PITA! I can't decide what I want to try or do!
can only pray you find peace in your decision! I too hae heard the horror stories and have cancer in my family history so I know your concerns. (((((HUGS))))))) to you my sista

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register