Scheduled TLH A little nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

A little nervous A little nervous

Unread 07-24-2013, 06:18 AM
A little nervous

I am 42 and am scheduled for a complete hysterectomy on July 30th of this year. I had my pre-op appointment yesterday and felt comfortable when I left. It's being done with the Da Vinci robot and my doctor told me that I would have 4 small incisions, one to remove my uterus and cervix, one on each side for my ovaries and tubes and one so she can check out my bladder. I would like to know, from someone who has had this done, what recovery time I'm looking at. My doctor told me she is going to put a hormone patch on me before I wake up from surgery since I will be in full menopause, and I will be able to go home the next day, and possibly back to work in 2 weeks. I'm very nervous...I would like someone to share their experience with me so I know for sure what to expect.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2013, 07:46 PM
Re: A little nervous

Hi awilley71 to HysterSisters!

Recovery for everyone is different, and very hard to predict. Keep in mind that no matter how they enter your tummy, you will have lots of internal healing to do. You will also probably be very exhausted for a couple of weeks or more.

I had a TAH BSO, so my surgery was quite different. But for me, I was out of work for three weeks, and then returned to work (moderate stress desk job) on a part time basis for another 4 weeks. That was tough, tough, tough! Post-op pain was moderate but controllable. I did the brief and frequent walks, and that did help quite a bit. I just slowly moved back into life, and backed off when my body said it was too much. 100% recovery took about 15 to 18 months.

Unread 07-24-2013, 08:01 PM

My Dr told me I'm going home the same day, it's outpatient :s Seems so crazy to me. My only difference is mine will be DvH but vaginally assisted. I think they can get it done faster if they pull it all out the vagina and therefore less time upside down on your head.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 07-24-2013, 08:05 PM

Try to relax don't be scared! I had a TLH/BSO pretty similar surgery! Some stories may scare you but my experience was positive I went home the same day as my surgery! Was up walking next day just very tired! Walked everyday after the first few on the couch! Walking helped move things along like gas!!! I was back to waitressing 4 days a week at 4 weeks postoperative ! Good luck to you
Unread 07-24-2013, 08:13 PM

I had robot assisted vaginal. I'm 6 days post op and feel wonderful except gas pains are really uncomfy. Drink lots of water and walk whenever you can. My dr told me I'll be back to everything in two weeks but I'm prepared for more to be on the safe side. Don't want to overdo it and be pushed back in my recovery. Just listen to your own body it will tell you everything you need to know!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register