finally got a hysterectomy date - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

finally got a hysterectomy date finally got a hysterectomy date

Unread 03-11-2014, 12:32 PM
Re: finally got a hysterectomy date

I hear ya! The waiting is the hardest part. I have never seen days go by so slow. Just want it out so that there is no more bloating and pain. Some days I thing my uterus is just gonna pop out on its own from all the pressure in my abdomen.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-11-2014, 12:37 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeorgiaPeach77 View Post
After waiting for what seemed like forever I finally have a date of April 4th! I thought my anxiety would drop dramatically... Boy was I wrong! Now I feel like I am in overdrive to get EVERYTHING ready!
I had mine three weeks ago, yesterday. When I first got my date of Feb 17, I got super nervous and began trying to get everything done, too. Just do what you can, and leave the rest for when you feel better AFTER surgery. It will wait I know you'll do great!
Unread 03-11-2014, 08:18 PM
Re: April 3

Just got home from my pre-op testing and the surgeon told me no running,jumping,skipping or weight lifting more than 15-20 pounds for the rest of my life!

Somehow I thought I would be able to do more than that.

I am having a da Vinci hysterectomy ,cystocele ,rectocele and vagina repairs done. Plus my bladder doesn't empty so I will be coming home with a catheter.

I am not happy and he won't do a bladder sling till I recover from this surgery. Yikes! Sounds like I am going to be worse off
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2014, 05:45 AM
Re: April 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddswim View Post
Just got home from my pre-op testing and the surgeon told me no running,jumping,skipping or weight lifting more than 15-20 pounds for the rest of my life!

I am having a da Vinci hysterectomy ,cystocele ,rectocele and vagina repairs done. Plus my bladder doesn't empty so I will be coming home with a catheter.

I am not happy and he won't do a bladder sling till I recover from this surgery. Yikes! Sounds like I am going to be worse off
If you go read the post op threads about lifting....they are all different. Some people have been given restrictions and some have not. It depends on the doc a lot of the time. I had a TAH and my doc told me that when she does release me for lifting, I will not have any restrictions, but to be careful. Also, my nextdoor neighbor had a TAH a few years ago...she runs and works out all the time. Don't let it freak you out..you'll be fine.
Unread 03-13-2014, 08:57 AM
finally got a hysterectomy date

Quote:
Originally Posted by canyontide View Post
I had mine three weeks ago, yesterday. When I first got my date of Feb 17, I got super nervous and began trying to get everything done, too. Just do what you can, and leave the rest for when you feel better AFTER surgery. It will wait I know you'll do great!
Thanks canyontide! I am soooo ready! I mean I am my house and freezer not so much! Lol. It's really funny cause if I start to doubt the procedure I get horrible cramps and it confirms I am making the right choice! So that makes it easier! Lol I am just hoping that it gets rid of all the pain! My major worry is it won't fix things! But my fingers are crossed!
Unread 03-13-2014, 09:11 AM

Quote:
Thanks canyontide! I am soooo ready! I mean I am my house and freezer not so much! Lol. It's really funny cause if I start to doubt the procedure I get horrible cramps and it confirms I am making the right choice! So that makes it easier! Lol I am just hoping that it gets rid of all the pain! My major worry is it won't fix things! But my fingers are crossed!
My guess is, You'll feel sooooooo much better! I had a TAH for a huge fibroid and a very enlarged uterus. Before surgery, I had frequent pelvic, hip, and back pain...not to mention my stomach kept getting bigger and I couldn't figure out why. Also, I had frequent digestive issues...so bad sometimes, that I couldn't go to work. I blamed everything on hormones and getting older. It was at my annual exam, this past January, that my doc asked if I could be pregnant...I was like, what???? She confirmed what was actually wrong and said the only option is a hysterectomy, ASAP! When I got to my my room, in the hospital and looked at my incision for the first time, even swelled up, my stomach was flat and I have not had any pain, other than the normal post op pain caused by the surgery, itself. You will do great and I am sure all the pain you have now, will be gone. Just be sure to follow your Dr's orders! Don't try to rush your recovery, even if you feel good! Like so many hystersisters will tell you, you only get one chance to heal, correctly!
Unread 03-13-2014, 09:45 AM

[quote=Toddswim;4322962]Just got home from my pre-op testing and the surgeon told me no running,jumping,skipping or weight lifting more than 15-20 pounds for the rest of my life!

Wow I am the day after you! Good luck and keep me posted! I asked my Dr. If he saw anything hanging or not where its suppose to be could he go on and fix it... He told me no he said if I haven't noticed it broke then he won't fix it! I just don't want to end up having to have another surgery in the near future! I am just wondering after 3 kids does anything really "feel" like its where its suppose to be? Lol. I wanted to say he has a better view than I do of it and knows where the stuff goes! But he is an older man and I don't think he would get my sense of humor! My pre op isn't until March 28th.
Unread 03-13-2014, 09:53 AM

Quote:
My guess is, You'll feel sooooooo much better! I had a TAH for a huge fibroid and a very enlarged uterus. Before surgery, I had frequent pelvic, hip, and back pain...not to mention my stomach kept getting bigger and I couldn't figure out why. Also, I had frequent digestive issues...so bad sometimes, that I couldn't go to work. I blamed everything on hormones and getting older. It was at my annual exam, this past January, that my doc asked if I could be pregnant...I was like, what???? She confirmed what was actually wrong and said the only option is a hysterectomy, ASAP! When I got to my my room, in the hospital and looked at my incision for the first time, even swelled up, my stomach was flat and I have not had any pain, other than the normal post op pain caused by the surgery, itself. You will do great and I am sure all the pain you have now, will be gone. Just be sure to follow your Dr's orders! Don't try to rush your recovery, even if you feel good! Like so many hystersisters will tell you, you only get one chance to heal, correctly!
I hope so!!! I don't have the fear of dying or anything... My tubes are tied and hubby has been fixed so there was no more packages coming from my present! Lol so the only thing my lady bits are good for is pain and aggravation! Already got plans on finishing up some crafty projects and going to hobby lobby for new ideas ahead of time I hate being lazy but I will just have to keep telling myself this is the break I've deserved for 20 years! Yay!
One question... Any idea how to tell family to not come without hurting their feelings? My family kind of sucks and I know it would be more stressful to have people here that you feel like you have to entertain, take care of or stay awake because of? Even my kids don't want them coming
Unread 03-13-2014, 10:15 AM

Quote:
I hope so!!! I don't have the fear of dying or anything... My tubes are tied and hubby has been fixed so there was no more packages coming from my present! Lol so the only thing my lady bits are good for is pain and aggravation! Already got plans on finishing up some crafty projects and going to hobby lobby for new ideas ahead of time I hate being lazy but I will just have to keep telling myself this is the break I've deserved for 20 years! Yay!
One question... Any idea how to tell family to not come without hurting their feelings? My family kind of sucks and I know it would be more stressful to have people here that you feel like you have to entertain, take care of or stay awake because of? Even my kids don't want them coming
Yes! Getting some crafts ready is a good idea! I know, I am taking full advantage of being off from work and taking it easy. The only thing I have really been doing on a regular basis is practicing my voice. I study classical voice and went almost three weeks without practicing (which drove me nuts!) because my abs were too painful after surgery. But now, I am back on a daily practice schedule and going back to lessons this coming Monday..I can't wait!! No work though, for at least three more weeks. Enjoy your time off!

As to your family, I would maybe send out a very nice email saying that you will not be up for any company while in the hospital, but you will contact them when you feel up to it. Remind them that you will be going through major surgery, because it is a big deal. When My Dr, at my 2 week follow up, told me all that was involved ( and I had a textbook surgery, no complications) I was stunned! No wonder it's major surgery! hehe! But just remind them of this and and ask nicely to give you some time to recoop, and YOU will in touch with THEM!
Unread 03-13-2014, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Yes! Getting some crafts ready is a good idea! I know, I am taking full advantage of being off from work and taking it easy. The only thing I have really been doing on a regular basis is practicing my voice. I study classical voice and went almost three weeks without practicing (which drove me nuts!) because my abs were too painful after surgery. But now, I am back on a daily practice schedule and going back to lessons this coming Monday..I can't wait!! No work though, for at least three more weeks. Enjoy your time off!

As to your family, I would maybe send out a very nice email saying that you will not be up for any company while in the hospital, but you will contact them when you feel up to it. Remind them that you will be going through major surgery, because it is a big deal. When My Dr, at my 2 week follow up, told me all that was involved ( and I had a textbook surgery, no complications) I was stunned! No wonder it's major surgery! hehe! But just remind them of this and and ask nicely to give you some time to recoop, and YOU will in touch with THEM!
Glad your feeling good and getting in voice practice! I can't wait to sing! Think I will climb up on my roof and sing and shout "ding dong the witch is dead" after recovery of course! Lol Thanks for the advice on family I only hope it's as easy as you make it sound! I doubt I'm that lucky but my fingers are crossed!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register