3 days till hysterectomy (3/12) - freakin out - Page 3 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

3 days till hysterectomy (3/12) -  freakin out 3 days till hysterectomy (3/12) - freakin out

Unread 03-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Re: 3 days till hysterectomy - freakin out

That list is a GREAT idea. I am going to make one.

Since my biggest fear is blood clots/DVT/PE - I looked up some comparitive stats to keep on my phone:

DVT - 1 in 1000
Dying from PE - 1 in 100k

Ovarian Cancer - 1 in 72
Uterine Cancer - 1 in 37
Cervical Cancer - 1 in 151

It just kind of help put things into perspective. Hopefully I did my research right.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2014, 12:10 PM
3 days till hysterectomy (3/12) - freakin out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmccunn View Post
Three more days till surgery and I am a nervous wreck, I feel like no one else gets it. They say they do ,I don't know just venting. I really hate anesthesia, what if something happens my children have no mother, having the surgery due to excessive bleeding maybe I'm just being selfish and should live with it for the sake of my children. So confused.
I was scared too, I think it's normal to freak out a little and feel guilty because we feel like we are abandoning our duties - but I looked at like this, I had already tried everything else, I was tired of hurting- that makes you less than a 100% for everyone... I was sweating, my b/p was elevated from what it normally is. I prayed, I had lots of people praying for me and the medical staff. I had to give it to God....and trust Him for he outcome. They give me Valium before surgery, that helped. It went a lot better than I thought and now I am constantly reminding myself what I can't be doing. I realize this may change from what I hear... I know everyone's recovery is different praying peace for you and wisdom for you medical staff that will be caring for you! Hugs!!!
Unread 03-12-2014, 04:17 PM
Re: 3 days till hysterectomy (3/12) - freakin out

Today is the 12th, and I am hoping all went well for you! My turn on Friday, and soon it will be over for me too. Best of luck with your recovery <3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 03-12-2014, 04:18 PM
Re: 3 days till hysterectomy - freakin out

Quote:
Originally Posted by Juliebug10 View Post
Since I'm Friday, too, I'll picture the two of us in pre-op together. It helps to realize there are others across the country, going through the same thing the same day.

Blessings to you!!!!
OK sister best of luck, I will be thinking of you and know that I am not alone

I do my prep tomorrow, this is just so weird, like a ride I want to get off but can't
Unread 03-13-2014, 04:06 AM

Tomorrow morning is my big day. I love reading the posts on here because each time I get new good advice. I love the disassociate comment. I also love the trust the staff post. And especially helpful is asking for support and relying on it. My friends, family and colleagues have been so wonderful these past few days.

And everyone here.

One step at a time...
Unread 03-13-2014, 12:05 PM

Ladies, today is Thursday and my surgery was Monday. I Was nervous, too, tho I didn't tell my DH because I knew he was pretty nervous too and I didn't want to add to his burden.

I love all your wonderful advice! Nervous is normal and OK. Just be honest about it, and don't focus on it. Share it with your team, they'll help you through it.

Hugs to all of you "on the edge"..... you'll get through it! Trust me! You are goddesses!
Unread 03-13-2014, 03:54 PM

Well surgery was yesterday I'm on the other side. Last nite was a horror bc I had to get out of bed every hour . I have restless leg syndrome and something they gave me put it into full force. Tormenting . But other wise I'm ok and taking it super slow thank you for all your support
Unread 03-13-2014, 04:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lmccunn View Post
Well surgery was yesterday I'm on the other side. Last nite was a horror bc I had to get out of bed every hour . I have restless leg syndrome and something they gave me put it into full force. Tormenting . But other wise I'm ok and taking it super slow thank you for all your support
Welcome to the other side and well done, you did it Slow is the only way to go with recovery but each day should get better. The drugs do make you feel weird, I had strange sensations of my arms and legs floating on the ceiling after taking the morphine!!! I shut my eyes quick when that happened ;-)
hope you're feeling better soon, do not rush to do anything and do not put any pressure on yourself to do too much. Hugs

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register