new LIW | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 05-04-2002, 05:31 PM
new LIW

Hi everyone! I am on the count down to my surgery...27 days and I'll be a punctured Princess! I am really nervous and scared of how badly I am going to feel after it's all over. I lost my mom last year and now have no one to talk to about what I am about to go through. I am 27 years old and feel alone. Any good advice out there?
:big cry:
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2002, 05:41 PM
Here's my advice...

's

You can talk to us anytime!! We are always here for you, no matter what time of day (or night) it may be! You can aske these wonderful ladies any question, and they'll help in any way possible, even if it's just lending a shoulder for you to cry on or an ear to vent to!!!!

I know what you mean by the waiting. My surgery is June 10th, 37 days away.

Again, here's another for you!

p.s. I'm 33 and I have endo and possible adeno, that's why I finally decided it was time to do something, it was hurting!
Unread 05-04-2002, 05:46 PM
new LIW

Dear Nicko,

Welcome to Hystersisters!! Here's a couple of for you.

I am so sorry about your mom, but want you to know that all of us here at Hystersisters will be here for you to talk to at any time that you need someone.

If you haven't already done so, please go to the main page (click onto the three Princesses at the top left of this page) and then scroll down to the drop down menus for pre and post op hints. There's alot of helpful information there.

It is normal to be scared right now, but I also want to reassure you that for most of us, the waiting part is the hardest part of it all.

Please continue to read and post. We will be here for you.

's

Karen
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 05-04-2002, 05:56 PM
new LIW

Nicko, sweetie, the best advice I can give you is to read, read, everything on this site.

And then post questions to your hearts content, you'll always get an answer..lots of good ladies here, and no subject is too delicate for our ears

Come in and post anytime, even if it's just to say you need some hugs..come over in chat if you can, but make sure your speed reading glasses are on, it goes fast some nights.

Lots of moms here, it won't substitute for what you have lost, but we do all care about you.

Cynthia
Unread 05-04-2002, 06:00 PM
new LIW

As the others have said, you can always count on your hystersister for hugs and help!

It's normal to be anxious...fear of the unknown is a really strong emotion! But I can tell you truthfully, I don't think you will feel bad after your surgery. I think you will feel BETTER! You will have some discomfort, but if you take your pain meds on schedule and follow all the good guidance you get from this site and from your doctor, you will be amazed at how good you will soon be feeling. Your healthy new life is about to begin!

Take it slow, remember that knowledge is the best weapon against fear, and come get some hugs whenever you need 'em.

Karen

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register