Shaving & Hair Colouring - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Shaving & Hair Colouring Shaving & Hair Colouring

Unread 08-22-2012, 12:59 PM
Re: Shaving & Hair Colouring

I plan on coloring and cut the week before and will shave the legs prior but nothing else. Don't want to take any chances of infections.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-23-2012, 03:58 AM

I will be coloring my hair either today or Friday ,uuggh Blonde is such a chore to keep up, LOL As far as shaving I shaved for my D&C 3 days prior and had no issues or was not told not to so I may ask my Dr if is ok to shave,I would like to be groomed,legs and pits done oh and I'm treating myself to a Pedi this weekend.
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:11 AM

I just want to feel groomed too - I know it seems such a silly thing, considering it's major surgery. But that's exactly why - I'm going to feel so horrible afterwards, so want to feel a little like a princess, even though I sure as heck won't look like one.

I'm also thinking that maybe I won't give a fig about grey hi lights growing in and hairy legs, because all my focus will be on discomfort and how to feel better.

But I do know I HATE looking in the mirror and seeing those grey roots! One age thing at a time - and this surgery is enough to deal with on its own.
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:20 AM

Oh yeah....I succumbed and dyed my hair last night, 2 weeks before surgery - I was trying to hold out until at least the weekend, but I felt so drab (I color dark brown so the roots love shouting when the grey grows in).

So, due to the voracious nature of my greys, I will be due to color again about a week after surgery, which ain't gonna happen, I'm thinking. Oh well. I did think of tweaking them again the weekend before surgery (surgery is on a Thursday), but don't think I will.

I mean, really! Come on girl, there's more things to worry about - Sheesh! I can't believe the amount of stupid, minor things I am fixating on!
Unread 08-23-2012, 04:48 AM

Hello I am going to cosmetology school =) & I believe it will be ok for you to color ur hair b4 surgery.... Especially BC after surgery there is a chance that you may have a hormone change in ur body which can affect in how well ur hair takes to being colored afterwards.... At least for a couple Weeks until ur body gets back to normal.... And as for the shaving my Dr said no shaving for a week b4 surgery
Unread 08-23-2012, 05:30 AM

I'm wondering if they feel the need to tidy things up down there prior to surgery should I leave them a tip? Hahahahahahahahahaha
Having a sence of humor seems to help the anxiety. Keep the laughs coming.
Unread 08-23-2012, 03:48 PM

I wonder if they have guessing games as to our colour "down there", when so many of us colour our hair or are grey.....

Guess it depends on whether we have a general or not, but then we could wake up in the middle of a general. STOP! Do not think about that - can you believe I was actually reading stories about that kind of thing. I have banned myself now
Unread 08-23-2012, 06:42 PM

I think all the thoughts on here are hilarious! I followed the rules with pre-op. After surgery? I let it go for about a week or maybe 10 days? I'm a licensed cosmetologist (22 years) and I didn't notice any difference with coloring or waxing the body hair. If anything; I suppose the next time I do maintenance, I'll have to observe whether or not the hair in the lady garden is any different.
But I must agree; the most important thing is OUR health.
I had an aunt ask me to perm her hair prior to her bypass surgery. She said to me, "I may not have my health, but I do have my vanity!" Needless to say, I obliged her.
And yes; there are products for sale to color the "rug" so it matches the carpet? So funny...and no; I wouldn't do it or recommend it...
Unread 08-23-2012, 07:30 PM

I thought it was "does the carpet, match the curtains" !!! Lol. :-)

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register