Sex, i have to know! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Sex, i have to know! Sex, i have to know!

Unread 10-09-2013, 08:20 PM
Sex, i have to know!

I have read a few post n the post op area and am interested I knowing about sex! I mean I KNOW about sex but post op... Oct 24th I am having di Vinci leaving only my ovaries. Sex now is AMAZING! I am scared now that this will change Not only for me but him as well!! I have been told that I will not be given clearance for sex til 2-3 months after surgery! ! That alone kills me! But now after reading about post op sex sometimes not being even remotely close to what it used to be... omg not cool!

what changes?
Does it EVER feel the same?
Is it numb feeling?
Will he feel a big difference without the cervix being there?

?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2013, 08:26 PM
Re: Sex, i have to know!

I questioned my Gyn/Onc. About this prior to surgery. He told me "If it is good before, it will be good after". Personally, I have found it to be true. I was not released for sex until 12 weeks.
Good luck with your surgery.
Unread 10-09-2013, 08:28 PM

My husband says it feels the same. I miss my cervix tho as I had my biggest O's with deep penetration. I am happy tho as I still have good O's!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 10-09-2013, 10:48 PM

I've been wondering the exact same thing. I'm a very sexual person and have always been able to have amazing orgasims. My doc told me it could feel different but I would still be able to have them. My doc is a man so I don't think he truly understands what I'm asking. I want to know HOW it could feel different.

I would really like to hear from women who had great sex lives before surgery and how everything is now.
Unread 10-10-2013, 12:44 AM

Seriously it's the same if not better and I had everything removed. Wait at least 8-10 weeks though and take it slow for the first few times. You'll be fine.
Unread 10-10-2013, 01:17 AM

The fact is that there is no way to know whether sex will be better, the same, or worse for you. We have had members that run the gamut of experiences. How it could be different ranges too. Some women lose all sex drive, some women have less intense orgasms or lose the ability to have them altogether, some women suddenly find sex painful, some find that they feel sort of numb. Personally, sex for me is better, but that might be because in the years before it was painful, and I didn't have any sex for nearly a year before my hysterectomy. Leaving the ovaries may help since your hormones may go right back to normal after a bit. If you have uterine contractions now, of course you know that won't be possible after and some women say they miss them, some don't. My DH says he can tell no difference. I have great orgasms both vaginal and clitoral, and I think I am one of the lucky ones. Hopefully you will be too.
Unread 10-10-2013, 06:04 PM

I too was worried about this but thank goodness nothing changed. As a matter of fact it got better! I'm loving the "new" me and so is my partner.

what changes? I am wetter, a whole lot wetter according to my partner.
Does it EVER feel the same? Yes it does, even better.
Is it numb feeling? No
Will he feel a big difference without the cervix being there? I asked and he said no.
Unread 10-11-2013, 08:32 PM

I had an amazing sex life pre op, 3 times a week and fantastic orgasms. Post op sex has been a big disappointment for me. I have pain all the time, orgasms are weak and we only do it every 6 weeks or so now. It just hurts too much to try more.

It saddens me and I miss my sex life a lot. There are no guarantees in how this surgery will affect you. All you can do is weigh the risks vs the benefits and make the decision that's best for you.

On the bright side, my DH notices no difference with how it feels for him.
Unread 10-12-2013, 12:00 AM

I have noticed that my O's last longer. I had huge concerns about marital relations, but we came back to our previous wonderful state. Also generally better overall health and strength due to the whole not bleeding to death and in agony thing.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register