Scared! | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-07-2003, 03:19 AM
Scared!

So I guess I'm a little more worked up over this surger on Monday than I thought! or maybe it's my son's trouble with his grades or everything else that seems to keep happening! When it rains it pours! I had to go to a gp yesterday and had the worse panic attach I have had in years. I don't know if it was pain, not eating before I went, or having to wait 2 hours to see him. I just know when he came in, I freaked out and all he wanted to talk about was my surgery and maybe changing my blood preasure meds because it was high when I was in there 176/94, but the cuff to me didn't feel like the nurse had it on correctly when she took it. I've white coat syndrome somewhat....funny thing is with my gyn and at the hospital I've never had the problem. Let that GP MAN be going through what I'm about to go through and see how his blood preasure is! I took it when I got home and it was 127/76 (Great Reading). I did do a lot of work yesterday morning around here, which since I got sick is something I haven't done much of - so maybe it was being over tired too, not to mention my sinus's acting up! Who knows! I told my husband I was ashamed about how I acted, but that's crazy too!

Anyway, I had to vent! I just want this all over! I sleep for 3 or 4 hours at a time then I'm up for 3 or 4. It's silly and I feel like I'm crazy. Am I? I also hate the fact that I have to wait unitl 4 pm Monday to get this over with. I go the Castle at 2 pm, but what am I going to do, but drive everyone crazy until then? I have so much to do today and tomorrow that I'm hoping to keep myself busy! My mother-in-law will be here tomorrow night about 11 and will be here about 10 days. So I guess I just need to suck it up, take a deep breath, and hand it all over to GOD! He can take it!

Thank you for letting me vent! My husband I know is getting sick of all this too. All I seem to do is complain, or so I think. He says not to worry about it, but I do! This website has helped me so much! Thank you all for being there!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2003, 07:04 AM
Scared and alone

I am scheduled for surgery on 6/18. I went for my annual on Tuesday and was hit with hysterectomy out of the blue.

Logically, I can deal with it, but I am an emotional basketcase.

I am a single mom, work full time. My daughter is 5. Her dad is not in the picture and I have no family around here.

Luckily, I have some good friends and work is very supportive, and my daughter is with her grandma out of state for summer vacation. But she's getting homesick already and I worry about how I am going to take care of her and me and pay the bills if I am not working.

I just feel guilty, because I too, am not sleeping and am very depressed. I burst into tears for no reason...this makes me feel more guilty.

If anyone has any tips about what I need to do (logistically) to prepare my house for recovery alone, I could sure use it.

Thanks!

Jami
Unread 06-07-2003, 07:20 AM
OK, I confess

after a week of lurking and reading the other posts, I am also terrifed of surgery. Had pre-op visit with doc yest, am sure that they just wanted me to go home as I had so many questions. You are not alone, we must all go thru this I guess. Did feel better that no one seemed to mind answering question. I still cry sometimes anyway, don't know why. Am scheduled for TAH/BSO 6/19. DH will take a weeks vacation but I will be alone on day 7 post-op when he returns to his 12 hr job. Not sure how I will feel. No family or close friends here. Just hope I can drive by then!
Irwins3- I have the B/P issue also so I feel for you. My B/P problem is also with the GP not the gyn and I don't think a few days pre-op is the time to mess with my anti-hypertensive meds either.
Seems like a lot of support from the ladies online here for all of us anxious LIW.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-07-2003, 07:32 AM
Scared!

I can relate!!!

I am also scared and it gets worse at night. I also have the B/P issue...I have been checking mine daily and for the most part it's been normal...I think the times it's been up have been when I was having nerves over the surgery. I have actually had some panic attacks, too, and I thought I was having heart trouble, which made them worse, until some friends of mine said, no, they are panic attacks, we have them, too. And now they've stopped, lol. Mind over matter, I guess.

Jami...I am praying for you, dear. I'm sure your friends will help you after your surgery with your daughter, if she comes home right away, and your care. Bless your heart. S!!!
Unread 06-07-2003, 07:46 AM
i will be fine

Thanks for your well wishes. See, right now he logical part of me is working, so i am ok. In an hour, who knows?

I am just hoping that I can get the house in order. I don't like anyone having to take care of me. Uggghhhh.

But, I am very thankful that I have a doctor who recognizes the suffering I have been dealing with and is not making me go through the 3rd degree for a hysterectomy, like some i have read.

I have read several great suggestions and since i am practical, this is a good thing.

thanks again...

jami
Unread 06-07-2003, 11:53 AM
Scared!

Prayers going out for all of you.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register