Insomnia | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-25-2012, 01:00 AM
Insomnia

What gives? Of all times that your body needs sleep... Post op is HIGH on the list. Praying for the illusive ability to sleep to come back to me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2012, 01:23 AM
Re: Insomnia

I understand what you're going through. I'm wide awake half the night, and when I do fall asleep, I have disturbing nightmares. I don't think I'll be much help to you but I think we should both speak to our doctors about this.
Unread 06-25-2012, 02:41 AM

for the first two weeks i took sleep where i could get it, even if it meant being up until 3am and sleeping in until 11 am.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-25-2012, 06:59 AM

I also had problems sleeping after the surgery... before as well for that matter. I had been in menopause already before the surgery so would get hot flashes and then could not get back to sleep. After the surgery the flashes were worse as well as the gas from the surgery. I just had my first chemo treatment on friday and the preliminary IV that they give you is Benadryl. It knocked me right out. I slept for over 3 of the 6 hours of chemo. The nurse said that now I knew what to take when I can't sleep. She said it is not addictive and obviously worked for me. I bought a bottle on my way home to try.
Unread 06-25-2012, 07:30 AM

I take Benadryl every night also. It's the only way I can fall asleep nowadays.
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:05 AM

Thanks, ladies ... I'll give it a try! I managed to sleep 3 hours last night & another 2 later this morning... Which is better than nothing, but not enough.
Unread 06-25-2012, 11:16 AM

Last night I took half a Tylenol PM (Walmart brand lol) and slept good. They always do but it's the first time I've taken one post-op.
Unread 06-25-2012, 12:34 PM

Well ladies here is my two cents: every time I am beginning a new week I get the insomnia. Maybe as the week goes by, I can get more sleep, but definitely Sundays I watch even infomercials.
Unread 07-04-2012, 12:27 AM

It seems that for the first two weeks, I napped constantly. Now being in my third week, it seems that I have my days and nights mixed up. I sleep great from 4 am-7 am, take my son to camp for 8, go back to sleep at 9 am and can sleep IF NO DISTURBANCES until 3 pm. It is frustrating but dont really want to take anything medically to make me sleep as I am a single mum and need to "sleep with one ear and one eye open" for my son.

I guess it is time to retrain the body to better sleep habits although I just sleep when my body tell me to.

Time to try again at 2:30 am lol.....
Unread 07-05-2012, 04:45 AM

Here it is 344 a. M. Not a wink...work at 8. Oh boy...when off the insomnia was ok id sleep when I could now work need sleep...hrt started so more sleep. Think tonight is full moon come down...owweeohh

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register