dizziness | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-05-2006, 01:30 PM
dizziness

i don't know if its because of surgery but sometimes i get a little dizzy. my bp is normal and i haven't been taking any pain meds. just once an a while i feel dizzy like if i move my head too fast. i'm careful and don't stand up too fast cuz thats just asking for trouble. i've been walking everyday adding to my distance a little each day.i don't feel like i'm over doing it at all. any suggestions or comments.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2006, 02:32 PM
dizziness

Just curious - does the room spin when you are lying in bed and roll over? I had positional vertigo a few years ago - same thing - I was on no meds, good bp, etc. Every time I would look up quickly, turn in bed - everything would spin like crazy. I didn't have any dizziness after my TAH, but thought I would put that out there. My primary care doc diagnosed it - has something to do with the little crystals in your inner ear being out of whack - I went to a physical therapist 3 times and it was gone. No meds, no surgery, just basically moving my head around to get the crystals back where they are supposed to be. Sounds crazy, I know, but I've had it twice! Maybe other sisters had dizziness after surgery and can address this better. Hang in there sweetie....
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:02 PM
dizziness

I had dizziness after my hyst for a few reasons: anemia, low blood sugar, and blood pressure. I lost a lot of blood so I was anemic and had to have a blood transfusion. When that didn't stop my dizziness and blacking out, they started checking other things.

One thing they found was that sometimes when I was standing up, my blood pressure was dropping, which can cause dizziness.

As the symptoms continued for a few months, I ended up with a neurologist who finally diagnosed hypoglycemia. If my sugar is low, I can be dizzy.

Talk to your dr about your dizziness and what you should do. I was not allowed to drive or be alone while I was having my symptoms. Best wishes to you!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-05-2006, 03:05 PM
dizziness

I also experienced dizzy spells...I would get really hot and then feel like I was going to pass out. They didn't last long and usually only when I was out at the store or something or when I would just get out of bed too fast. Mine went away after the 5th week or so...take care! Tami
Unread 06-05-2006, 03:19 PM
dizziness

hey painter lee
no the room doesn't spin its very slight when it happens and its usually when i've been sitting for a while. will email my dr and see what she says. thanks for the replys.
Unread 06-05-2006, 05:20 PM
dizziness

well my dr said anesthesia can cause it but if it persists i should see an internist. i'm thinking now it might be my eyes. i don't wear glasses and i'm at that age i should get them checked. so we'll see
Unread 06-05-2006, 05:38 PM
dizziness

I have also had dizziness but only when I am out walking and I also get hot. I have not talked to my doctor yet about it but I go for my post op visit this week so I have quite a few questions for her now.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register