Christmas Craft Suggestions? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > HysterSisters Connecting Friends > Friends Without Faces > There's No Place Like Home

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Christmas Craft Suggestions? Christmas Craft Suggestions?

Unread 09-15-2010, 06:00 PM
Christmas Craft Suggestions?

So, money is tight (isn't it for everyone) and I'm looking for some crafty gift Ideas for my family. I am already going to make everyone cross stitch ornaments, and for my mom, beaded fruit and candles. I am stumped from both my Dad and my DH. Can anyone think of some ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2010, 08:37 AM
Re: Christmas Craft Suggestions?

It is certainly harder to make crafty things for men than women, isn't it?

If your dad or hubby are the sentimental types, how about a collage of pictures sort of chronicling the special moments of their lives? Especially your dad, he might really like that.

You have inspired me to get started on my Christmas crafts, thanks!
Unread 09-19-2010, 09:40 AM

I need some good ideas too. I hope the girls come up with good ideas.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-19-2010, 12:23 PM

Me to. This is just SO hard.
Unread 09-19-2010, 05:22 PM

How about using your computer to make coupons for special treats (make their favorite cake or cookies, a back rub, wash their vehicle, candle-light dinner, etc - get creative! )

I took a photo frame a built a box behind it years ago for my husband to put one of his prized possessions in.

Cross-Stitch or embroider his name or a nick name on a homemade small quilt he could use in the winter as he watches television.

I will get with DH and see if he has any suggestions. This should be an interesting post! Thanks for putting this here. You are inspiring me to get creative.
Unread 09-19-2010, 08:07 PM

My daughter just gave my husband a coupon book she made for his 50th birthday. She put things in like buy my own oil for car, take thrash out, stracth his back, he will rub her back when it bothers her. She started dancing at 3 and it took it toll on her knees and back. She said I'm not rough enough to relax the muscles. This girl has already had knee surgery so she has now given up dance. Plus being in college doesn't leave much time.

My husband really got a kick out of the book especially the coupons for the car things. Another cute one was fix her own flat. Dad would never let that happen.
Unread 12-03-2013, 10:10 AM

I have found a few options for men. If they are into wood working, then an old saw blade can be painted - something fancy or maybe just their favorite sports team logo to hang in a shop or garage. T-shirts that you do your own iron-on can also be a hit - I have done them with family crests, some fish for my DH who loves to fish, you get the idea. You can do your own drawing (or have the kids/grandkids do one), make a collage, or just modify an image you find online. I also did a wedding collage photo for my DH that I framed and he took to work.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register