Surgery date Aug. 15, 2012 and nervous | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Surgery date Aug. 15, 2012 and nervous Surgery date Aug. 15, 2012 and nervous

Unread 08-10-2012, 10:26 PM
Surgery date Aug. 15, 2012 and nervous

Went to the dr. yesterday and dr. scheduled my surgery on Wednesday. I go Monday for my preop. Just a bundle of nerves!! Worried if the two insurances I have will authorize the surgery that fast, worried about the pain might have, I wanted everything to happen quickly and now that it is I am nervous!!! I need to relax......for real!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2012, 01:24 AM
Re: Surgery date Aug. 15, 2012 and nervous

Pre-op worry and anxiety is something we all seem to go through. Everyone said the waiting is the worst part. A lot of us have two months or more to wait for our scheduled surgery. You are so lucky to have a short wait!!! Imagine dealing with crazy thoughts and fear for months. It is such a feeling of relief to be done with surgery and on the way to recovery. You will have to pamper yourself and concentrate on healing. You usually have pain meds to make you comfortable. Hardest thing is to let others do what's needed around the house and not push yourself. The post-op thread will be where you will find good information from other ladies that have had surgery on your date going through what you are. The support is awesome. We will see you on the other side.
Unread 08-11-2012, 01:53 AM

i will be going in a few days after you hun and trust me i am a ball of nerves too.But just keep positive thoughts and remember biggest thing is aunt flow will no longer be a welcomed visitor and hopefully after healing you will not suffer as bad as you are now
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 08-11-2012, 02:22 AM

My surgery was scheduled quick, too. I had been in the emergency room on a Saturday night, had appt with my doc/surgeon on Friday and was scheduled for surgery the following Monday. It was nice not to have too much time to worry, but also I wished I'd had a couple more days to prepare to be laid up for weeks of recovery. It also felt like all my worries, fears, and nervousness were concentrated and packed into 2 1/2 days. I didn't sleep much. When I checked in at the hospital, my insurance hadn't approved the surgery yet. While I was being prepped -- tests, I.V., signing, etc.-- the hospital was busy getting approval from my insurance. My surgery was delayed by about 10-15 minutes waiting for the approval. Best wishes for your surgery. You'll likely remain a bundle of nerves until the surgery is over, but that's ok, it's normal. Keep busy by preparing for your recovery. It brings a little peace when you concentrate on coming home and being home from the hospital.
Unread 08-11-2012, 07:47 PM

Thanks Ladies!! I spent some time in prayer and woke up this morning feeling alot better. I packed my overnight bag and will concentrate on what needs to be done at home instead of feeding my fears. Glad to have found this site to share.....even my anxieties.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register