Diet Club - Page 2 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Twenty Pound Club

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support
Unread 06-04-2008, 06:33 AM
Diet Club

Thanks mrsdkjazz.... I will look into that...
i am standing still on the scale not moving at all...
could be b/c i am exercising more and developed some muscle
mmmaaayyybe... all i know is i want it to go down some more..lots more....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2008, 10:25 AM
Diet Club

so my scale isnt moving,,,i have been really active and being careful what i eat....i am getting to the point of why try.....maintain what i have....
I wish i could lose more, but what else can i do? i am walking, swimming, water arobics, biking, and eatting salads, no deserts...besides starving myself or taking those icky diet pills... i want to lose it the healthy way...
especially before I go in for next surgery... then i wont be able to do anything for a long while and dont want my weight to get worse....so i guess i will just keep doing what i have to do and be my own cheerleader for now....
Unread 06-09-2008, 04:38 PM
Diet Club

Hang in there. My scale is going up a lb and down a lb day after day, too. I am still not released from the MD. (Will be 6 wks postop tomorrow). I hope to start exercising more after that. I'm taking fish oil caps and flaxseed caps and keeping my bowels working better than before surgery so my swelly belly is decreasing slowly. If I can begin some exercises for my abs, hopefully my stomach will tighten some and my pants will begin to button! I find it challenging to loose weight at my age (49) especially if someone tells me I can't. Upon discharge from the hospital, the nurse said most people gain approx 12 lbs the 1st year after surgery. I intend to prove statistics are wrong!!!!
sgoldston
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 06-09-2008, 05:51 PM
Diet Club

Love how you think..... I am proving them wrong so far, but like you said the scale goes up and down a pound or two, but i cant get over that hump... Think i may try some of that fish oil caps... see if it helps my BM's
my pre-op ids wednesday so i'll ask dr if it's ok....WOW your 6 week post-op and your doing so well...good for you...your way ahead of the game , keep up the good work !!!!
Unread 06-09-2008, 06:07 PM
Diet Club

Hi Sistas!

I too have gained post op but I am not allowed to walk outside the house as I have Deep Vein Thrombosis in my right ovarian vein.

If I go outside the house I must be in a wheelchair as this blood clot could dislodge and could be fatal.

I now also have a bladder three times it's normal size and wear a catheter for who knows how long.

I am eating very small amounts but with no movement I gain weight easily. It looks like I may need another surgery to repair my bladder but don't know when yet.

It is very frustrating to say the least but I am inspired by all of you ladies. Keep up the good work!

Hugs,
Tracy
PS You go Penny!
Unread 06-09-2008, 06:43 PM
Diet Club

iwant to join to have gained 25lbs since quitting smoking in nov. then surgery in march need to lose am really depressed
Unread 06-09-2008, 06:55 PM
Talking - Diet Club count me in

My surgery is for Friday, June 13. - but once I feel better, I do want to lose a few (25) lbs.
Unread 06-13-2008, 07:12 PM
Diet Club

Quote:
Originally Posted by scare d cat
... could be b/c i am exercising more and developed some muscle
mmmaaayyybe... all i know is i want it to go down some more..lots more....
yes, muscle does weigh more than fat, but is more dense, so takes up less space ... be careful about focusing on just the scale ... how your clothes fit is an equally accurate measure of 'fat loss' ...

i also found myself at a plateau when someone mentioned that i might not be taking in enough calories ... turned out, they were right! as soon as i started counting, realized i was barely hitting 1200 a day, my body needs 1800 to maintain (1600 to lose, w/ exercise) ... my poor body thought it was in 'starvation mode' and wouldn't part with any 'reserves' ... as soon as i got my calories up, the weight started coming off again ... it seems like a lot of work, but keeping a diary is really helpful ... there are lots of sites/books/etc that will help with tracking ... plus it keeps me accountable, so if i want to eat something 'not so good' i still have to write it down and deal with the consequences!

good luck to you
Unread 06-14-2008, 06:56 PM
Diet Club

wow ... that makes so much sense... i was obcessing about the scale every day sometimes 2 x a day... i am trying to stop that,,,, i have been trying to watch what i eat, and some days i really dont think i eat enough, especially of the right stuff... i would skip breakfast , and lunch have maybe a late afternoon snack (popcorn) or fruit, and eat dinner,,, 2 chicken wings , salad, or a small peice of meat....a veggie... i was walking everyday but with the hot weather and then the rain we had i stopped,, need to get back a routine... start every day again.. i am going back to surgery on the 25 th, so i want to walk now before i go into recovery mode again.... aaagghhh it was weeks before i felt good enough to do anything... hopefully this time i will feel better faster, so i can lose a few.....i am going to start a diary...
Unread 06-15-2008, 12:04 AM
Diet Club

i learned somewhere ('biggest loser', i think) that you should only weigh yourself once a day, at appx. the same time, in appx. the same clothes ... i usually weigh myself before bed, in my pj's, but i only write it down about every 3 days ... this way i can see progress without stressing out about an extra cookie (or cocktail!?) ...

i also remember hearing that you should eat nearly 1/2 of your daily calories before lunch, and nothing after 8 pm (or within 2 hours of bedtime) ... this way, you have more time during the day to burn off more calories ... i have about 700 calories between breakfast & mid-morning snack, then salad, fruits & veggies the rest of the day ...

hope your next surgery is un-complicated, and that you'll be back in the game in no time ... good luck

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register