Double Surgery--Hysterectomy and Tummy Tuck together | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysteritaville - Wellness Post Hysterectomy > HysterSisters Club House > Tummy Tuck Too

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Double Surgery--Hysterectomy and Tummy Tuck together Double Surgery--Hysterectomy and Tummy Tuck together

Unread 09-10-2015, 09:00 AM
Double Surgery--Hysterectomy and Tummy Tuck together

Has anyone had a hysterectomy and a tummy tuck surgery at the same time?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2015, 10:40 AM
Re: Double Surgery

I did July 31st. Tomorrow is six weeks postop for me. My doctor released me today to resume all preop activities & back to work. I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Unread 09-10-2015, 02:11 PM
Re: Double Surgery--Hysterectomy and Tummy Tuck together

That's great to hear as I am a bit nervous about having the two surgeries together. Did you have any complications? Anything you can suggest/ good to know for after surgery? How you will feel, things to do/not do?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 09-10-2015, 04:18 PM

I didn't, but I wish I had done some plastic surgery at the same time. Mine was more of an emergency thing, but had I planned it, I'd have done it in a heartbeat.

A friend did a breast lift at the same time. Plastic surgeon started immediately following the hysterectomy. She was home for the same 6 weeks, recovering the same amount of time.

I have a friend who is a plastic surgeon, and I asked her about this, and she said absolutely, it's a great idea.
Unread 09-10-2015, 06:08 PM

I did not have any complications. My incision is healing very nicely and my results are AWESOME! The first 2 weeks are the pits because you have the drains from the TT & it is a bit more uncomfortable. Pain is manageable. I was off prescription pain meds by day 4 post op. They were making me constipated. I would only take them occasionally at bedtime. My advice is to make sure you have complete rest 2-3 weeks post op. I spent quite a bit of time sitting on my recliner reading & watching tv. Also, my binder was a pain but it became my new best friend and I wore it 24/7 except when showering.
I would also suggest you join realself.com to get more info on the TT and make sure you are 100% comfortable with the plastic surgeon you use. Make sure you see his b4/after pics and you are good with his results.
Unread 09-11-2015, 09:29 AM

Thank you. That does make me feel better and gives me an idea what to expect. I will look at the other website as well.
Unread 09-14-2015, 12:50 PM
Thumbs up - Double Surgery--Hysterectomy and Tummy Tuck together Re: Double Surgery--Hysterectomy and Tummy Tuck together

Hello,
I am 6 days post-op today from TAH and TT. Even being only a week out, I would still do it again in a heartbeat. Suggestions:

Do your research on surgeons. Since I had time prior to TAH, I first started with the hospital. I asked them to recommend a list of Plastic surgeons. I then called my GYN and asked for at least three recommendations and crossed reference the list. I narrowed the list down to four based on websites, B&A pictures, years of practice, research with the state board of medicine, the board of plastic surgeons and BBB. I then called to make consult appointments.

I took this time to gauge the friendliness of the staff and how willing they were to answer my questions or direct me to information. The biggest question was: Does the doctor ever reject a patient as a candidate? And if so, why?

Two said they could not recall the surgeon rejecting a candidate while one said yes, but only in extreme cases. The fourth didn't require me to ask the question. They noted up front that the doctor would determine during our first exam whether I was a candidate for TT based on skin elasticity and resiliency, location of fat deposits and other information provided on my history sheet.

Since my TAH was already scheduled, I then checked if the surgeon was available on that date.

In the end, I checked with nurses at the hospital (this took some clandestine work) and with their staff. In the end, I chose the one surgeon who was NOT referred by my GYN, uses a technique that almost no one does anymore (because it takes longer but has far superior results and fewer "tweaks"!) and whose staff I absolutely loved and adored! While he was #7 for number of TT done at this particular hospital, it's because he admits to others nearby centers because this center is the most expensive in the area. The nurses though ranked him as either their #1 or #2 choice for working with or for having the procedure done on them.

You have to decide what are your key factors and find the surgeon who best fits those.

I am thrilled so far with my result, the follow up of my surgeon (far more so than my GYN) and the kindness and consideration of his staff.

As for post op, the tubes weren't as bad as I thought they would be, but it's worth not having to change wet bandages several times a day. Also there is some lower back discomfort from not being able to sit up straight, but the binder helps immensely! My only pain is from the major internal work I had done and not from the TT.

Let me know if there is anything else I can answer.
Good Luck!
Unread 10-04-2015, 07:36 PM
Double Surgery--Hysterectomy and Tummy Tuck together

That is what I am interested into
Unread 10-25-2015, 05:44 PM

Having both surgeries on 11/10 and can't wait to get on with my life. Pain in my hips and back from the fibroids has made me miserable for the past 18 mos. How is it going for those of you who've had these two surgeries???
Unread 10-29-2015, 10:01 AM

I'm 8 weeks now and feeling great! Small "twinges" now and then from internal stitches but nothing major. Wish I had done this years ago!

Additional things I've learned:

1. WALK!! Walking helps in so many ways. The drainage tubes will sometimes get into odd positions from lying down or sitting. Getting up and walking helps to get them back where they should be and alleviate the discomfort. It also helps to activate drainage of the fluids. I got my tubes out a day earlier than scheduled.
2. Go to local Good Will or 2nd Hand Store and pick up the following:
A walker
A small step
A lap tray
A wedge pillow
The walker literally helped me walk around my house and to lessen the lower back discomfort during my first weeks home. My surgeon was so impressed that he is now recommending it for all his patients!

The step and the wedge pillions helped me to get in and out of my bed. The surgeons said I would most likely sleep on my sofa or recliner during the first week or so as it's easier on my incision and the tubes. But my mother put the wedge pillows under my mattress which helped to create the perfect incline! The step made it super easy to get in and out of bed. I was sleeping in my for 10-12 hours during my first few days home, which helped with healing.

the lap tray allowed me to sit up and put my mobile device or tablet on the tray and lessen the strain on my neck and hands.
3. Water - drink lots and lots of water. Helps to push the anesthesia out of your system, which helps you regain your strength. Also helps with constipation and pain pills.

Anyway, hope this helps. Good luck!

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register