Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 10-Apr 16,2017 - Page 8 | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy) > Hysterectomy Recovery Reports

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 10-Apr 16,2017 Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 10-Apr 16,2017

Unread 04-15-2017, 12:35 AM
Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 10-Apr 16,2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShaniME View Post
Well I am a princess now. I had a LAVH total hysterectomy due to adenomyosis on 4/11. I also had repairs done to my rectocele and cystocele and a bladder neck suspension and fallopian tubes removed. The doctor thought it would be a 3-4 hour surgery. It actually took 5 hours. I guess my cervix was giving her trouble. I am home now which I think I should have stayed one more day at the hospital.
My biggest ouch is pressure on my rectum and tailbone area. Is anyone else here having that issue? I thought that the pressure is from no BM. When I sit on the toilet my legs begin to shake and my body wants to push. Doctor suggested an enema. It didn't work. We moved to Miralax, gas ex, prune juice and lot of water. Well it worked now I have diarrhea. It did not help with this pressure.
I am surprised at how much pain I am not in, don't get me wrong I hurt and am sore and tender. I am making sure to be walking, have my pillow for when I have to cough and lots of naps. My DH is waiting on me hand and foot.
Oh my god I'm on the same boat, my surgery was Monday also was 5 hour long due to big uterus and I feel the same pressure when going #2 and also don't want to.push cause I'm afraid to mess something up, I can't be sitting down too long and I'm sleeping in my side if this doesn't go away by the weekend I'm gonna use an enema this is so weird , best wishes and speedy recovery
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2017, 05:25 AM
Re: Recovery Progress Reports for Hysterectomy dates Apr 10-Apr 16,2017

Question - is anyone else dealing with really dry noses and nose bleeds. I'm not sure if it's meds related, system shock related but the dry nose and random bleeds are getting annoying. Otherwise I've been able to rest, still waiting on a bm. Just took Dr recommended milk of magnesia.
Unread 04-15-2017, 06:06 AM

No nose bleeds.....but coughing!!! Oy!!! That hurts beyond belief. (yes, I am holding a pillow) Sure hope there is not a sneeze in the near future.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 04-15-2017, 06:31 AM

Total hysterectomy including ovaries for post menopausal bleeding, fibroid, and cysts. Got to go home same day after peeing. Taking pain medication as prescribed. No appetite yet so eating very small portions of what sounds good at the time. Looking forward to walking outside today. At least around the court. Surgery was 4/14/17.
Unread 04-15-2017, 06:52 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by LMTR2010 View Post
Doing well at home, just taking Motrin. Trying to fight the weird uneasiness in my abdomen. I have no pain at this point, surgery was Monday. Its just an anxious, queasy and uneasy feeling which I'm trying to occupy myself with doing crafts with the kids. Anyone else having strange anxiety?
I've had weird uneasy feeeling. I kept my ovaries. Yesterday out of no where I started crying. I have a lot of anxiety and can't figure out where it's coming from.
Unread 04-15-2017, 07:09 AM

Update: surgery 4/11, went home 4/-12. I had da Vinci and kept ovaries. I have been taking Motrin and resting. I've felt good except the gas pains. However, yesterday I sneezed twice and now I have a lot of pressure in my vagina. It's not painful just noticeable. Anyone else feel this?
Unread 04-15-2017, 08:06 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vonikins View Post
Question - is anyone else dealing with really dry noses and nose bleeds. I'm not sure if it's meds related, system shock related but the dry nose and random bleeds are getting annoying. Otherwise I've been able to rest, still waiting on a bm. Just took Dr recommended milk of magnesia.
Not nose bleeds, but when I blow it it is bloody. Also very dry. I think it's from the anastasia.
Unread 04-15-2017, 08:17 AM
Re: blister?

Wondering if anyone else had any blisters? I felt a raised mark but not at the incision and asked hubby to look, he says it looks like a burn.
Unread 04-15-2017, 08:32 AM

So this is Day 2 of recovery. Last night was actually difficult. Maybe because all of the anesthesia wore off and I moved too much, my stomach was very sore. My back hurts a bit I think from reclining. I tried to lay down but that didn't work. So I'm back to being propped up on pillows. I am trying to take deep breaths but it is slightly uncomfortable.
I took a laxative but I haven't had a BM I don't want to push but I haven't felt the urge to go really. I guess I just need to be patient. How long does the gas from the surgery last in the system? I have wicked shoulder pain too.
Unread 04-15-2017, 09:07 AM

The problem I am having is not being able to go for 4 days now. I have been eating very light, mostly soups and I have also been taking miralax, magnesium milk and laxatives and nothing works. I can't make any efford so I am waiting fot my body to react. I hope this goes away soon.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register