why does everything break at the same time? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

why does everything break at the same time? why does everything break at the same time?

Unread 01-03-2009, 05:18 PM
why does everything break at the same time?

I need to vent.

The dryer broke last weekend

The washer is not spinning the clothes this weekend

The dishwasher is leaving the dishes dirty & I can't figure out why.

Our classic wooden boat 1/2 sunk because of an electrical cord.

We have mealy worms in the pantry.

Husband is sick.

I have surgery on Monday.

Thanks for listening
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-03-2009, 06:25 PM

aww that sucks, i hate that when it rains it pours. good luck with that all and lots of luck with surgery i hope hubby is beter by monday !
hugs
lisa
Unread 01-03-2009, 06:29 PM

I can relate a bit. I refer to 2008 as the Year of the Appliance Break-downs.

Our dryer broke a month before my surgery, and my husband waited until after my surgery to install the new one--so I wasn't able to do the necessary laundry before I went to the hospital. Meanwhile, I was hanging everything on wooden racks and pipes in the basement to dry. And then there was a leak in our new gas hose so the gas company came out to turn the gas valve off until we could replace the hose. Tuesday, I was in the basement with my daughter to show her where to hang a load of laundry since we couldn't use the dryer. She was very light-headed due to anemia from her very heavy periods, and looking up at the pipes I was showing her made her dizzy and she blacked out, falling against the water heater.

Therefore, 0ur water heater stopped working, and I went three days with no hot water (and no shower, and no hair washing) before we could afford to buy a new one and have it installed. My shower this morning, with a soft towel that he been fluffed rather than hanged to dry, felt like heaven.

We do have a wonderful dishwasher now, but our old one stopped working in May and we went 6 months washing dishes by hand for 5 people.

However, I have no boat to worry about, and my washing machine works.

Look at it this way. You're going to be in recovery, so none of this will be your problem. It will be someone else's job to wash the dishes and take clothes to the laundromat. By the time you're ready to tackle any of this, either your appliances will be new or repaired or someone else will have gone to the work of figuring out a work-around.

Good luck, both with your repairs/replacements and your surgery.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 01-04-2009, 12:20 AM

My mom always said, when bad luck comes a knocking you better open the door and let it right in. Like Chris said this is now someone else's problem.

Good luck with you surgery and all the best to a speedy and healthy recovery.
Unread 01-04-2009, 06:00 AM

((( Hope09 ))), it does sound like you've had a run of bad luck lately

I'm sending lots of good wishes that everything gets better soon and that all goes smoothly for your surgery and recovery.

Unread 01-04-2009, 06:42 AM

Hope09

I think it's called "Sod's Law"!! I know you feel you're jinxed. It is an interesting point though, my list of recent appliance/household breakages include:

Microwave (not essential to me but... to some members of the household!!)
Fridge
Dryer
but the best of all is...
Waterpump sending lovely water dripping down through my ceiling in variety of places!!

So I feel my list of "to-do" chores for next week is getting longer, however I'm with Chris on this one, if I don't get through the list next week, the following week it'll be someone else's cos there'll not be a lot I can do about it and further more I know I won't care!!!

Good luck and best wishes for tomorrow.

Broinn
Unread 01-04-2009, 07:12 AM

As Chris pointed out, thee problems are going to be someone's else main responsibility for now. Time for you to concentrate on yourself and to "pamper the Princess."

While my son was still at home with us, we had to keep three cars running to get everyone to work. To save money,we had decided to drop the tow service on our car insurance as we had not had to have tows for a long time. Then, all of us had to have our cars towed within the same week. As we live in a small town, the same tow company and operator towed all three cars. Finally, with the third tow, I spoke up and asked the operator if they gave "volume discounts." He told me no, but that he certainly would be eating steak that week!

Best wishes for tomorrow.
Unread 01-04-2009, 09:57 AM

Hope, you were talking about money in front of the appliances again!!! And the electrical wire to the boat was talking to your appliances.

The worms sound gross.

Hang in there Hope. Because today is bowel prep day, someone else can worry about it all.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register