Getting nervous about thought of sex.... | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Getting nervous about thought of sex.... Getting nervous about thought of sex....

Unread 11-12-2006, 05:01 PM
Getting nervous about thought of sex....

My 6 week checkup is on Thursday, and I'm so scared because I haven't seen one stitch remnant! I've read some stories about the silver nitrate, and that scares me to death.

I'm also scared about actually having sex again. My dh has been fabulous for the last weeks, but I can tell once Thursday rolls around he's going to bug me mercilessly. Sex was sometimes painful before and I am looking forward to it being much better now, but it's been so long and I've been so sore, I'm worried. Anyone else?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2006, 05:08 PM

Hi Elle!

I think it's important to keep in mind that just because a doctor releases you as "okay" to resume intercourse, doesn't mean you "have to" if you don't feel ready. At my six-week post-op exam, my doctor said, "Everything has healed, so you can do whatever you feel like doing." He didn't order me to go home and have sex.

I hope you will listen to your body and take cues from there. If you don't feel like doing anything, just explain to your husband that you need more time, and you will let him know when "the time" arrives.

Many s and Best Wishes,
Unread 11-12-2006, 06:16 PM

Hi Elle. I had internal stitches from an LSH that my Dr said I would see w/in the 6 week period. I never did see them & never had any problems. It is also normal to still be a little sore at 6 weeks.
The only advice I can give you is follow your body's lead. If your 6 week exam hurts, you might want to wait a bit longer b/f having sex. I did wait an extra 2 weeks just to make sure my body was totally healed. I didn't feel ready at 6 wks. I explained this to my dh & he understood. I, too, was so worried about what the first time was going to be like, but I was so ***** by then, it just overrode the fear & sex was wonderful! No pain. Sex has been great ever since.
Listen to your body. You'll know when it's the right time.
Hugs & best wishes to you!!!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-12-2006, 06:38 PM

Listen to your body..yes. Also when that time comes, try an agreement with DH first. If you ask him to stop, that he agrees to...no if ands or buts, no protesting, shouting, or pouting. Also, Astro Glide. Not George Jettson's Dog......personal lubricant and lots of it really really helps.
Unread 11-12-2006, 08:11 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ElleM
My 6 week checkup is on Thursday, and I'm so scared because I haven't seen one stitch remnant! I've read some stories about the silver nitrate, and that scares me to death.

I'm also scared about actually having sex again. My dh has been fabulous for the last weeks, but I can tell once Thursday rolls around he's going to bug me mercilessly. Sex was sometimes painful before and I am looking forward to it being much better now, but it's been so long and I've been so sore, I'm worried. Anyone else?
I was cleared at 8 weeks (my belly was too sore to even consider it at 6 weeks, couldn't get in for an appt. anyways). There was a HUGE improvement in how I felt during those 2 weeks, and then I still waited another week til I felt ready. It was just fine, no pain or discomfort (did use lubricant, only 1st few times). It's now been 4 months and I've been back to my regular life and loving it, yoga included (waited 3 and a half months for that). Be patient and enjoy it when you're ready.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register