Fevers and bleeding ~ anyone else? | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Hysterectomy Recovery (post hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

Fevers and bleeding ~ anyone else? Fevers and bleeding ~ anyone else?

Unread 12-24-2007, 01:29 PM
Fevers and bleeding ~ anyone else?

I had a full Hysterectomy a little more then a week ago. I got out of the hospital only to go back in a few days later with a fever. As I believed it to be a allergic reation to the staples that was used as I am allergic to metal. As I was in the hospital for those couple of extra days I was doing o.k. with the control of Motrin and the antibiotics. Now my fevers have been coming and going. That is why I had to go back to the hospital in the first place is because of the fever. I really don't want to return to the hospital as of yet if I don't have to. Also how long did the bleeding last? That is driving me crazy as well. I am taking some heavy antibiotics here at home.

Thank you for your help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-24-2007, 11:15 PM

You would think that your bleedimg wouldve reduced to spotting or none at all by now??????? As for still having a fever,I would go back. We all hate to go back but you may have to. Fevers are not a good sign.Between me having to go back to the hospital twice and 4out of 5 of my kids going in too, I have had my fill of the hospital in the last few weeks. But I wouldnt mess with a fever.
Unread 12-25-2007, 02:32 AM

If you are still getting a fever, you should at least call you doctor. He/she would know best regarding your situation. If you can't reach your doctor, then by all means back
Everyone is different, so still bleeding at 10-14 days post op, considering your complications, could be normal for you.
If it concerns you, call your doctor, especially if it is alot or bright red in color.
Hope you are feeling better soon.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 12-25-2007, 04:25 AM

My doctor told me to call if the fever was 101 or higher. She also said the spotting should last 7-10 days. I am ready for it to stop also. I would definitely call if your fever is high.
Unread 12-25-2007, 11:40 AM

Definitely call your doctor if your temperature is going over 101.0, or if you're bleeding bright red blood. Those are both symptoms that my doctor told me to call her IMMEDIATELY if they showed up.
Unread 12-25-2007, 07:44 PM

I had a fever and the bright red blood. I think even if you fever is not as high as 101 you should stiil call. The percoset and Motrin etc can mask a high fever.

I did have a vaginal cuff infection and fluid in my abdomen, however I was able to successfully manage this at home. These things can get quite serious so a call to the Dr is always wise.

good Luck,

Starbgirl

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register