slightly enlarged uterus but gaining weight | HysterSisters
HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support and Information
Advertising Info HysterSisters Hysterectomy Support Tutorial

Go Back   Hysterectomy HysterSisters > Hysterectomy Support Posts > Preparing for Hysterectomy (pre hysterectomy)

HysterSisters.com is a massive online community with over 475,000 members and over 5 million posts.

Our community is filled with women who have been through the Hysterectomy experience providing both advice and support from our active members and moderators.

HysterSisters.com is located at 111 Peter St, Toronto, Canada, M5V2H1 and is part of the VerticalScope network of websites.

With free registration, you can ask and answer questions in our HYSTERECTOMY forum community, get our FREE BOOKLET, access Hysterectomy Checkpoints and more.

You are not alone. The HysterSisters are here for you. Join us today!
join HysterSisters for hysterectomy resources and support

slightly enlarged uterus but gaining weight slightly enlarged uterus but gaining weight

Unread 11-13-2008, 08:41 AM
slightly enlarged uterus but gaining weight

Sorry to post this twice (I had originally posted in someone else's thread) but saw the hint and starting a new thread if you'd like a response so..
I had a CT done mid-September and my uterus was 'slightly enlarged'. It's pressing on my bladder. The GYN/surgeon said normally he wouldn't touch it but b/c it's causing me bladder symptoms he offered Robotic Hysterectomy... my issue is that my jeans are tight and I swear my belly is growing by the week. I've always had a good metabolism but I'm not overeating and still gaining. This morning I got on the scales and I'm the heaviest I've ever been. My belly is big but it's soft and flabby even though I do stomach exercises.
Anyone else suffering from this? Could my 4cm fibroid (mid Sep) now have grown in the 2 months?
Thankyou
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2008, 12:43 PM

Last November, I had 2 small fibroids, and by the time surgery came around, I had 12. I also had 1 small cyst on my left ovary, and again by the time surgery came, I had 5 between both of them, not counting the ones that ruptured 2 weeks before surgery.
Unread 11-13-2008, 01:08 PM

Thank you for your info. I'm so glad this site is here!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Unread 11-13-2008, 01:32 PM

I don;t know what I would have done without this site. It is a wealth of informtion. Good Luck
Unread 11-13-2008, 01:54 PM
Me too...

I was diagnosed with "oh and there is a fibroid" during a routine ultrasound in 2005. My stomach was starting to protrude and it was hard to maintain my weight. The next ultrasound one year later reavealed the 7cm fibroid AND ANOTHER 6cm ONE! I was in shock - - in one year another one grew from nothing to that big!!! I can feel them when I press down on my stomach. I am the heaviest I have ever been. I had to go up three pants sizes - they call my uterus 20-week size. :-(

Since then I have gained a little more weight and found it hard to loose it. I am hoping b/c the hormones swimming around for these things to grow that things will even out after my SAH on 12/29. I did have an MRI which was the clinger for the decision for the sugery - it revealed a 3rd fibroid that grew from the end of July till Sept 13mm x 16mm. Sometimes I swear I can feel them growing!!!

I do see warnings all over the site to watch caloric intake while recovering - since you are not very mobile. I plan to be very festidious about keeping track of what goes in. I am going to the gym 4 times a week - mind you I am not in great shape but I am moving and working on the stomach muscles to prepare for surgery.
Good luck.
Unread 11-13-2008, 02:47 PM

I too find that my middle keeps growing. My fibroid grows and shrinks too throughout my monthly cycle. I can feel the large fibroid, but can't figure out why I'm gianing flab too. I work out at least three times a week and am relatively active, given that I have a desk job. I don't want to spend a lot of money on larger cloths if after my surgery I will have debulked at least by the size of my uterus. I know I'm going to really have to watch what I eat during recovery as I will not be able to do my ususal exercise routine for a while. Any suggestions would be appreciated.
Unread 11-13-2008, 03:18 PM

My fibroids grew over a long period of time, they were first spotted about 8 years ago but didn't seem to be causing me any problem so they ignored them.

I eventually started having problems and so they checked again & this time I had more fibroids & ovarian cysts so we decided I should have a hysterectomy to deal with everything in one go.

I had assumed that my larger tummy, gained over several years, was the dreaded middle age spread. So how happy am I to find that I now have a flat tummy again :-)

Those pesky fibroids..... Now all I need is a new wardrobe because everything is too big on me now!

Katy
Unread 11-13-2008, 03:45 PM

Thank you all so much for your replies.

Less than to weeks to my Robotic assisted (sorry still getting used to the abbreviations..), I don't mind the idea of losing my uterus, just really starting to worry about healing and any 'after effects'.

booklet
Our Free Booklet
What 350,000 Women Know About Hysterectomy: Information, helpful hints as you prepare and recover from hysterectomy.
Answers to your questions
Register